Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Thought that id finally get around to saying hello, used the forums for bits and pieces over the past year or so but havent registered until now.

Bought a 1.4SE 06 manual for the wife last year.

So far its been alright, but have had a few issues with it. Dont think that these are down to Nissan more than likely the previous owners not taking care of it.

Main thing i have now is what I think is a failing clutch. Ive had the same issues that several others have had, clutch judder! Normally only when the care is cold but its almost dangerous at times.

Now found that it looks like the clutch is starting to slip, really only notice it in 2nd and 3rd years, when you shift up you see the revs jump up and then seem to calm down again once the clutch engages again.

Any one had a replacement clutch fitted and have an idea of cost?

My father in law was a mechanic and might be able to fit a replacement clutch for me, would anyone have any recommendations or advise on fitting at all?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi and welcome. My wife's 1.4 note suffers from a small amount of judder when cold too. May have to replace later in the year if she decides to keep it. A LUK 3 piece clutch kit is approx £108. (This includes the slave cylinder and bearing). If father-in-Law can fit for you your on a winnar I don't have the manual, it is available to down-load from forum I think. Not sure how long to fit but would guess around 3 hours or so.

From Flash22 your friendly forum mod

spam link removed, if you want the esm please ask in the request thread after you have gained 10 decent posts or more, this is not only there to build the forum but also protect the forum users from viruses and spyware
Edited by: flash22

1 - 2 of 2 Posts