Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 1600 N-Tec Auto from new and it has just come out of warranty. The only thing that has gone a.w.o.l. is a dash light so this car is a keeper, hence I thought that joining the Forum would be a good long term investment.
I have had a few cars in my time but I can honestly say that the Note is the best yet. Old Vauxhall Meriva is a close second design wise but mechanically it was a disaster area. No wonder they give a lifetime warranty now. I'm hoping to do most of my own mainainance so expect the odd querie from me as time goes by.
I feel quite good about buying a local product and being able to boast about the quality. It encouraged my daughter to buy a Quaskaskquaskiki, or what ever they are called. and she is thrilled with it. Friends who bought a Juke are living with their mistake since they can't get the baby buggy in the boot.
I love the practicality of the Note and sincerely hope its replacement still has the load swallowing capacity that we all enjoy. Nissan 'note' that Volvo started their demise the day they discontinued the 'antique dealer estate' so here's hoping the replacement has not just become a styling exercise.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
welcome to the forum

Ive come from Vauxhall too after 3 corsa's I had enough of the poor dealers and support

·
Registered
276 Posts
flash22 said:
Ive come from Vauxhall too after 3 corsa's I had enough of the poor dealers and support

Prior to losing my job 2 years ago I had an Astra 1.7 TDi company car. I spent the entire three years of the lease period battling with various main dealers (via the lease company), all of which were absolutely hopeless.

From day one it sounded like a tractor and smoked like a chimney. I drove a number of colleagues similar cars, all of which were totally different, yet every Vauxhall dealer it went to insisted there was absolutely nothing wrong with it!

One independent garage (that I eventually got the lease company to let me take it to) immediately said that it "didn't sound right" and asked the lease company to pay for diagnostic tests .. but they refused!

Frustrating or what

1 - 3 of 3 Posts