Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after swaying back and forth about buying one I finally bit the bullet and got a 1.5dci Tekna.

Wanted something practical, hopefully cheap to run and reliable.

The previous car was a Ford Puma 1.7 with 130K which never let me down. I'm missing the go kart handling of the Puma but at least the Note has no rattles!

The Nissan Connect system seem nice. Only disappointment is my phone won't work as a USB stick (only thing I didn't try before I bought it!) but I can stream music via bluetooth so it's not an issue.

Now I can't say I ever really liked the look of the Note (it's just the flat back that get's me) but wanted something with a bit more room. The other item that put me of the Note (Tekna and N-tec) was the 16" expensive tyres and people reporting they only lasted 12K (got over 25K on the Puma). My note has just had new tyres and the front discs/pad replaced before I bought it so I'll let you know in 12K how I got on!

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
what phone is it ?? there are known issues with htc but a firmware updates seems to sort it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a HTC Desire. I've no problem connecting it via bluetooth, phone calls and music streaming work well.

When you connect the phone via USB, the phone gives the option of mounting the phone as a disk drive. I've used this method before on my old car to play the music on the SD Card rather than use bluetooth (better sound quality than streaming via bluetooth). Unfortunately the Nissan Connect does not see my phone as a USB Drive :-(

A USB Drive works fine and the phone will also charge so I know the basic connection is OK. Tried a second cable and it was the same.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc the connect only supports 8gb max so that may be an issue

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
welcome waysted
try turning off/on usb debugging

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The USB debugging is currently off so I'll give it a go tonight with it on and see what happens.

Chers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, that didn't work

It's a shame but the 16g USB stick has arrived so time to put plan B into action

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
strange , my desire hd worked a treat with the connect system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts