Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but couldn't find the answer.

By the handbrake on my auto there is a button which I presumed is to lock all the doors once everyone is inside. I found this a useful thing to have when I had to pick up my teenagers when they were out partying in the early hours in Cardiff.

Mine does not seem to be working i.e. I press it to lock and it doesn''t lock.

Have I misinterpreted the function of the button and it does something else?

Many thanks

Geoff.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
It locks the doors by disconnecting the outside handle, from the inside they open normally.

You test it by getting someone who is already on the outside to try the handles.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
if you have the anti hijack setup ie, 1 press drivers door 2nd press opens the rest it disables the lock button !!

Have a look Here this changes the locking mode between normal locking and anti hijackEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both, I have tried it both in non anti hi jack mode and anti hi jack mode, in both scenarios the pressing of the lock button does not lock the car doors (no clunk either), In the same scenario the unlock buttons gives a clunk as if to open the locks but that isirrelevantas the doors never were locked in the first place.

Perhaps it works on the basis that one click anti hi jack mode and you're in the car, drive to the city centre, then press the unlock button - that sounds a bit illogical though as, why have a lock button and an unlock button.

Perhaps the switch is faulty on the lock side of things.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Geoff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts