Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Note 1.6 SVE and it has developed the most annoying rattle which seems to be coming from the passenger side dash area. Thout it was something in the glove box so emptied it but still rattling. The odd thing is, it's worse from a cold start but seems to quieten down after a few miles. I have checked any visible screws for tightness but has made no difference. Anyone else got the same issue or solution? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It could just be the low temperatures we are experiencing as the plastics shrink a little, mine goes quiet when ambient is above 14°c.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
pop the glove box out and check the heater ducts as where they join the plastic is flared out and its wafer thin, I had annoying vibration so I spent a few hours finding

another thing that rattles when cold is the front exhaust heat shield and it's bloody annoyingEdited by: flash22

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
My wife came across an annoying rattle...........it was my false teeth.

Stiill cold in Ireland.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've also been getting the under dash rattle during the cold weather.

I've had the dash out three times so far an there's not much more I can secure, and it's still rattling on and off.

Hopefully the warmer weather will improve things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had exactly the same rattle about 2 months ago and was eventually fixed after 3 visits to the Nissan dealer.
Problem was the passenger air bag fixings were loose!!

Problem solved but I had to convince the dealer the rattle was there to begin with

CGH

·
Registered
363 Posts
Seriously thinking of checking airbag fixings as I still have a rattle over rough ground from that area, & it's spoiling an otherwise lovely ride. I'll have a good look at Flash's photos & info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Funny thing is that I get a rattle from the area of the glove box on my 62 reg.Note. But mine seems to be worse in warm weather--I haven't heard it since the end of summer even though I haven't attempted to get rid of it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If the cabin filter has been changed check the lower 2x screws glovebox are secure. I changed mine recently and noticed a rattle since. Last week one of the screws fell out - it wasn't centred in the speed clip so apparently tight but not. Now replaced with better attention and rattle is gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have been having a bit of trouble going over ramps/mounds in the road recently.The problem is like a scrapping noise underneath the car but have had a mechanic look at this and can find nothing.
I know people will be thinking he's missed it and maybe he has,but the gentleman is a relative and is quite god at his job.
He has checked the shocks/ suspension and has looked visually at the underbody so would appreciate any help in this annoying problem.

·
Registered
363 Posts
A common problem it appears...I'm waiting to have some bushes replaced at the mo....If you look in the search engine you'll get an idea of what's involved.......It'll more than likely be something on the suspension.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Try putting your finger on the headlining above the mirror...I fitted a camera to mine and ran the cable up inside the side trim and tucked it in behind the headlining...it rattled like hell...sounded like it was the dashboard...just pushed a small piece of padding in and it's lovely now....
Edited by: David Garside

·
Registered
363 Posts
Funny you should say that....I did feel there was something behind the interior lights....if I put my hand on it the rattle stopped but I couldn't get it off to have a look...I'll look where you've said....when I get it back from it's service & various jobslater!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

This might be a bit late for some and may not be relevant to
others. I had a very annoying rattle
which appeared to be coming from the passenger side behind the glove box. I spent a day taken out glove box and various
panels and checking for loose wires etc.
After everything was put back the noise was still there. A couple of days later on a dry day I had the
window open and the noise was louder.

I managed to raise the front wheels and discovered there is
a bracket coming from the steering rack which is bolted to the passenger side of the car behind the wheel
arch, this had come loose and was rattling when accelerating, slowing down,
turning corners and going over bumps. To
get at the bolt I had to remove the battery and the air filter housing. Once tightened the noise was gone. ** Be careful when removing the air filter
housing as you need to disconnect the Mass Air Flow Sensor wire. Do not start the car until this is put back
in place or you will get a ECU error message.

I hope this helps.P.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts