Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to receive Long Wave on the Nissan Connect (2011 1.5 Diesel) Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems strange that AM Medium Wave exists but no Long Wave. I'm looking for Radio 4 at 198 kHz

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Nope.
Sadly, I can't listen to Test Match Special either

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Yep, but you still can't get the LW coverage on DAB. There is something unique about TMS on Long Wave.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still looking for a solution to this. A good solution would be a (small) device that receives LW and MW which can be plugged into either the AUX or the Bluetooth input. Does anyone know of such a device ?

Richard

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I wonder if it would be possible to take the 'earphone' output from a small portable LW radio into the aux in? Should be.
The problem is always going to be reception on a little portable, you are asking it to receive a signal inside a big tin (Note) box.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
TMS whilst driving! won't the excitement cause an accident

if you can get the aerial near to the top of the windscreen you may get decent reception

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can of course use an old car radio, but that would be rather overkill. I had more a usb or Bluetooth device in mind, but the only ones I can find have their tuning performed by the device to which they are attached. There is obviously a market for this as there are various devices awaiting patents. I'm in Belgium where LW is still in use.

Richard

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I was thinking more ofa very small portable that could 'nestle' in the cubby.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aren't we all looking for 198
This is one of the strangest things that I have seen in a car media system. To go to the trouble of providing Medium Wave and then leaving out Long Wave which would have cost nothing to provide as it is just an extension of MW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts