Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a '09 SV Note and although happy with it there are a couple of changes I'd like to consider.
First is the front headrests . It's my wifes car but me being 6'5" tall I find the front headrests unsupportive and a bit uncomfortable , no problem with the space or seat though .

Has anyone changed the originals out for another Nissan or A.N.other model /marque ?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Normally headrests are there for injury prevention in accidents and not usually for actually resting your head on them, for the time you are driving.If that's what you want, you will need to look at the spacing of the uprights and the diameter of them, any other headrests with the same dimensions will fit but here's a big BUT you could be invalidating your insurance.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Totally agree with the previous post - daft as it may sound, headrests are not intended for resting your head on!

Also if you do consider changing them I would most definitely check with your insurers - in the event of an accident they will search out any opportunity to avoid paying out, plus you could end up causinga significant injury toyou or your passenger!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you can tilt the head rests as well as move them up/down

as above they arethere to prevent whiplashand tostop you snapping your neck in a crash

·
Registered
181 Posts
Being officious, the correct term is "head restraint" as they are to prevent whiplash as others have said. And don't give insurers even the slightest chance to wriggle out. They're all your best friends until you claim, then they're your worst enemies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts