Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

washed the car today and notice that my driver side rear alloy has some paint flaking off, about 10mm long. I know that the paint on the alloys is an issue, what should I do? How do I approach the dealer to get them to sort it? my car is an 11 plate just over 14 months old and i am the second owner. I have never used anything harsh on the wheels or the car and its never been to one of those cheapo hand washes.

many thanks

ollymu

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Back to the dealer, if you don't ask, you don't get.

The worst that could happen is they tell you which paint to use.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Have you seen how the pros refurbish alloys? First they chemically strip the wheel, then prime it. The base colour is then matched and applied,then baked under infra-red for about an hour or so and finally finished off with protective lacquer. It's quite expensive too, about £120-£200 a corner depending on various factors...my mate has a mobile business doing this and he showed me how it's done (he did the RAYS on my R34 recently, a lovely job). It's not really a process for the DIY enthusiast as the chemicals used are very toxic...breathing apparatus has to be worn during the spraying for example due to the cyanide (!!!) present in the vapour. I had to wear a sock over me trunk...

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hello,I had the same issue and Nissan changed the wheel. On my nextservice at 36K I will try and get the others replaced before the car is 3 years old.

Regards
Richard

·
Registered
30 Posts
Earlier this year I had all four of my wheels replaced, they only had what appeared to me minor blistering under the paint around the centre badge.
A visit to the dealer, service dept. took photos of the wheels, about a week later got a phone call to book in to replace. (Car 2 1/2 years old.) Quite painless really.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Were you the bloke I saw using a Dyson Ball Barrow?

Has the swelling gone down?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
lepsons are good on price for a wheel refurb had some s1 rs turbo rims done £60 + vat each

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'll take it to the dealer end of the week and see what they say. they got the cooled glove box bit i was missing without any fuss so hopefully they are just as good with this.,definitelywill get another set of alloys though and keep the originals for occasional use. i really like the wolfrace slot mags, always liked that style of alloy.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is a known issue and almost certainly acceptable as Nisan warranty. Mine were, in their 3rd year. Show the dealer, and don't expect any resistance. All Notes with factory alloys have this defect (or are likely to ...!).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts