Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Tekna spec note with the alloy looking racing pedals. Can these be changed over to normal pedals? The rubber grips on them have worn and I'm worried my car may fail its next MOT because of it, beside I don't like them as they are skippy when it rains with most shoes I wear.

Mike.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Depends if anything has been cut, removed or altered to fix those alloy pedals.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
My tekna has the standard rubber over steel pedals. They are very slippery when I have wet shoes.

I don't think changing them will make much difference.

If the alloy pedals are standard on the later cars, Nissan will sell new rubbers, If they are aftermarket naill over standard, likely they can be removed, but may leave holes in the original pedals that will be covered up by new rubbers.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The 09 onwards Teknas had the 'alloy look' pedals (it's just cosmetic) but as DrPepper says they're as slippery as a fish if your shoes are wet. One more reason why I went for the N-Tec...I didn't really want the tacky half-leather or electric mirrors either.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
nothing wrong with the half leather - ete apart from when its been parked in the sun it gets a tad warm
iirc thay just clip on (bayme a screw)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I am prepared to stand corrected, but the "leather" in my 08 tekna doesn't look if it has ever been near a cow.

They have even sewed a seam around the obviously plastic steering wheel to make it look like leather.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
sorry a that was a typo its leather-ete the botton squab should be leather the back isnt tho, its v.common in newer cars

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

As someone that's a purchaser for a large automotive interior supplier I can second what flash had said. We build and supply door panels, armrests and top roll parts for the likes of Jaguar for their XF and XJ series and we supply mega amounts of leatherette and UEV( vinyl) based material with the grain of leather which is found on the basic model XJ which is only £52000 lol.

Mike.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
So it's not just nostalgia then, everything really was better in The Olden Days

1 - 11 of 11 Posts