Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiwhen the time comes i will be needing to replace my tyres Continental 185/55/15
if i dont replace them with like for like for what would you suggest that i buy and where from?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
is that the size on your current tires ??
my 16" alloys have 185/55/16 and im sure the 15" are a different size

i have got to replace mine soon mine have worn badly only done 6k miles,been looking at either falkens or yokohama's but not many places have them on the shelf

edit.

Double checked this in the handbook tyre sizes are as follows

175/65/15
185/65/15

and

185/55/16

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Just to add the conti's are very pricey there over the 100 mark a tyre

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
There is now an alternative to the 16" Conti, if you google it you will find it. I had an offside front sidewall split on me on New Years Eve this year, all I did was to slowly roll up a 3" kerb and the bugger opened up like Kermit's gob. The interior was really dry and crusty looking too, perhaps Nissan have the wheels and tyres fitted and kept in storage long term until they have a car to fit them to. Anyway, Kwikfit at Hounslow were really on the ball, fitting a new boot (Conti) in less than 20 minutes with a minimum of fuss and bother. I was back on the road within an hour of the split occurring, and that included putting on the space-saver,phoning KF to check availability, and driving 3 miles to the depot! The boys were so good I slipped a pony in their tips box...excellent service and on a day when they would rather have been at home I'm sure!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
my oem conti's seem softthay are nearly down to the wear limts in under 6k miles its not like i drive it hard either,theres a lot more of the note size tyres about now suppose these modern sizetyres are in demand now
last time i looked there was 6-7 brands and even corsa's what are made by pirelli for £45 a corner

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
10 Posts
My front tyres will need replacing soon and I'm unsure which make to go for, certainly to expensive buying two conti 185/55 r 16's. My car has forceum hexa's fitted on the rear which I have no problem with and the grip levels seem pretty good in the wet or dry, plus the tread design is quite smart with anaggressivedirectional pattern. Retail at £55 each.

You can pick them up for under £50 and then just take them to a garage and get them to fit the tyres.

http://www.tyretraders.com/tyreInformation%7CItemID%7CFRC18555R1687VHEXA.html

Edited by: LiamJ

·
Registered
74 Posts
Google Ebay for Contis - I found them at £84 each.Course this does mean you'll need to get someone to fit them, so £100 is pehaps not so bad.
You seem to be limited to tyres fromDunlops, Conti's, Falkens, Yokohamas or budget.
On our current Citroens , Glenda's Yokohama's have 50K on them and are just coming up (down?) to the 3mm mark, my Michelins have 48K and still have 4mm left.
I must admit to being alarmed at the high wear rate on these Contis!
Just found Pirellis at that size for £90 - so will be looking to fit those at the car's first anniversary.

Edited by: dandgb

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
got a quote without any discount for 4 tyres today 4 forcium budgets £252, 4 yoko c-drive's £362 inc fitting and balancing, not too bad imho

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tyres a very personal choice. Agree the Contis fitted OEM (in my case anyway) are way overpriced. It depends on your type and style of driving but I would never fit cheap tyres which seem to come from China in the main. My wife's Toyota's got some ridiculously branded junk called Jupiter and Dark Horse fitted at the rear by the previous owner. I'll change them soon as cornering is an er, interesting experience in the wet. They lose air very quickly too. False economy. Spending a little extra on Barums for example is well worth it IMHO

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i had yokohama's on my corsa (16" irmscher alloys) there a good all rounder, i have 1 forceum on the back and it sounds a lot louder and sounds differentthan the conti's
im due to go away on a long trip this summer so there need changing before that, then its got its 1 mot in November and the contis wont get me though it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tyre Shopper is a good site to give you some price examples. You can buy online and then get them fitted for the all-in price you paid at your local National Tyres. Much cheaper than buying them in person at National as well which is crazy, but true! http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/ Just bung in your registration and have a browse.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ascrew punctured my offside front tyre in S-E England and I had to pay £83 for a Pirelli Cinturato175/65-15. I was told a Continental would be even dearer.

I should stay this side of the border but I suppose as we make progress such technically advanced items as screws will cause punctures in North Wales, too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts