Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.6 07plate SVE has started to show the airbag warning lamp constantly.. Is there a typical point of failure I could check?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You can hope that it is the connections under the seat to the seat airbags, other than that it is going to be the clockspring connector behind the steering wheel to the airbag in the centre. You should get the codes read before you spend out on one though, in case it is something else.

·
Registered
676 Posts
IF you do need to change the air bag squib ( as it's called ) it is a VERY easy job to do. I did mine when i owned the Note, there is a very good video on youtube showing exactly how to do it.
The ONLY issue you will have is buying the correct squib for your car, i found there were three different ones listed for the Note i owned and it took over two weeks tracking which was the correct one as the centre boss measurement is crucial to obtaining the correct item.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'll go for the clockspring first as the radio controls are getting flakey too👍
Find the video i mentioned on youtube a follow it EXACTLY as shown. First bit is very easy, disconnect the battery and leave for a few minutes.
In fact - here is the video -

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
SINEU.. Good video and most helpful - especially confirming the part number!! What did surprise me was when you exchanged this part, you didn't have a Steering Angle Sensor fixed to the back of the Clockspring (as I have on mine) and the connector for this sensor was dangling loose under the steering column (you can just see the loose connector in the video after you connected the yellow/white plugs). The Note you worked on appears to be the same as mine - 2007 SVE with the Radio Controls on the steering wheel and no cruise control. I wonder why there was no SAS sensor....

Thanks again for the Video..

DG

EDIT... I just looked again at the video and you don't have the same radio and climate controls as I do so maybe not a SVE. This could be why the SAS is missing....

·
Registered
676 Posts
@Dgoss999
The video was not done by me, i simply found it on youtube.
The query you came up with shows what i meant by taking your time in finding the correct part for your car.
If i remember correctly, there were three different variants of clockspring for my car, the first one ordered was wrong even though i gave my chassis number AND reg number to the seller. The difference is in the diameter of the centre boss of the clockspring.You could remove the faulty one and measure it but then you're left with a car that cannot be driven until the new part arrives and is fitted.
When i owned the Note, the steering wheel had controls for radio station change,volume,phone,cruise and speed limiter which would be a different clockspring to yours IF your car does not have these functions on the wheel.
Check and then check again that the part you order is the one for your car, otherwise you will end up as i did in stripping the car down and then having to rebuild it with the faulty part again because the new part was the wrong one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts