Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Just back from local garage. The mechanic had already removed the trim around the ducting and a/c unit so that I could see where the water was coming from.There is a sturdy bracket that supports the ducting assembly on the drivers side. When he loosened the bolts on this bracket the whole assembly which was under strain moved down quite a bit on the drivers side. This had the effect of levelling out the black plastic tray that collects the condensate and taking the strain off the pipe that drains the condensate. He ran the a/c and water came through the drain pipe to the outside for the first time. He left me with the trim still removed to see what happens. The only difficulty is that the temperature has dropped now and even with the A/c set at the lowest temp 16C it is unlikely to produce much water until the weather improves. Even so no evidence of any more leaks. Seems to have solved the problem but I will update you if not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very similar problem, but the car is idle and been left unused for a week and has water in rear passenger footwell.
Could this still be the issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I suggest removing as much water as possible from the passenger footwell. This is easily done with a wet vacuum cleaner gently pushed through the carpet which has a hole under the passenger front seat I used a narrow flexible tube at the end of the vacuum cleaner hose. Then make sure the AC is not switched on at all including when the demister setting is used when it seems to switch it on automatically. It takes ages for the carpet to dry out you can feel it by putting your finger into the hole in the carpet. If it dries then the Ac is probably leaking under the dashboard as with mine. If that is the problem it is easily fixed but I would not recommend taking it to a Nissan dealer.
Good luck
Adrian

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, it's been a long slog sorting this note out and it's love of water...after -

Resealing doors,
Resealing windscreen
Dismantling seals around side windows

I knew it wasn't AC as the car literally was being sat unused.

It was a cracked front n/s cable holder connecting door to body of car. I can't be assed taking door off to replace it, so packed it with expanding foam, and it appears to of fixed it. :)

Rear passenger footwell water can literally be anything!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem. My car ac did no proper functioning as there was a problem with a drainage system. I went to a mechanic to see what it is. Examined the car, he found that there was a malfunctioning fan system therefore water condensed beyond the permitted, so the demister just didn’t keep up with water condensation. Finally, I had to replace my fan system with a new one. Also, I was offered a full workup of my car for free. However, for uncovered problems after examination, there was no other way besides to pay for solving them. I liked the service pretty much, so I surely will be back at the company again. They are professionals and it goes without saying: the quality of work is of utmost high. Thank you so much, aircon service

·
Registered
946 Posts
In my opinion there is one more methods of improving the air what we are breathing . Nowadays every house and office is equipped with air conditioner .
Surely air conditioning only cools the air. The filter would prevent insects, pollen and dust etc but i doubt if damaging elements such as carbon monoxide etc would be removed.
(If they are that good I'd be glad to hear it)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts