Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
A wee bit information/advice from you all. Do you have the Air Con on automatic? I know it can effect MPG The handbook says it automaticly controls the temperature. Mine is 2011 1.6 AUTO

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
YES it does affect the mpg drastically. Leave it on and watch the meter jump from 60 mpg to 35 mpg as you drive! It's not necessary to have the aircon running if you want to HEAT the cabin, so leave it off and save some pennies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
SneakyElephant said:
YES it does affect the mpg drastically. Leave it on and watch the meter jump from 60 mpg to 35 mpg as you drive! It's not necessary to have the aircon running if you want to HEAT the cabin, so leave it off and save some pennies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's a dramatic reduction! According to the on-board average mpg reading, mine went from 55(AC on) to 61(AC off) on a 1.5 dci Tekna. So a good 10% mpg improvement with it off.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
10-12% is about right having the front windows down takes around 4%
the climate in my tekna is set to off think i have had the AC on twice this year

·
Registered
245 Posts
Twice in a year?? Air con should be used at least once a month to keep seals and pump working smoothly IIRC?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it still kicks in with the defrost setting so thats a few times a week

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've been using it this week to clear the inside of the windows. It would help if I cleaned them inside so they don't mist up as quick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts