Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to impart some knowledge. Note 1.6 petrol auto ntec. Air con working fine going to Outpatients appt, came back to car and air con not working at all, tried fan without air con, still not working at any setting. Roasted on way home with nobody to 'baste' me ! All fuses OK. Turned out to be the Fan Resistor box which controls the fan speed (located above the glove box just remove four screws holding glove box and reach up - bit fiddly though). Replacement No. 77 01 207 718. German name (F. Bilstein) on packaging, made in China on item, for a Japanese car, made in England. International or what ? Anyoldsomeway, it worked and now fan, and therefore air con, working well and keeping me cool. If this helps someone, Yay !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've replaced the resistor that is located near the glove box & that hasn't helped my cause. The heater lights when pressed light up, there is a clicking noise but the heaters refuse to even blow any air.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Seems the fan motor may have died. Only way to check is to have it removed and inspected i would imagine. Apparently the motor is a fairly fragile unit that throws itself out of ballance if ran on the highest speed setting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seems the fan motor may have died. Only way to check is to have it removed and inspected i would imagine. Apparently the motor is a fairly fragile unit that throws itself out of ballance if ran on the highest speed setting.
How much it would roughly cost to replace it?

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
The fan is about £120, 2 hours max to remove and refit by a competent mechanic. Try Eurocarparts for the fan. Use the sale code - SALE60 for a discount.

Or fit it yourself.............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts