Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My airbag was finally replaced in the autumn (after a couple of cancellations because of Covid).
As you all know the battery was disconnected while this work was carried out. BUT since then the radio display screen fades away to being invisible after about 10 minutes into a journey. And I cannot now change the time on the digital clock because the procedure to do so doesn't function.even when the LED is legible and before we commence a journey.
Looks like the RAC engineer didn't set things up correctly after reconnecting the battery.
What can I try and if all fails what recourse do I have

·
Registered
178 Posts
My airbag was finally replaced in the autumn (after a couple of cancellations because of Covid).
As you all know the battery was disconnected while this work was carried out.
Looks like the RAC engineer didn't set things up correctly after reconnecting the battery.
What can I try and if all fails what recourse do I have
Am I missing something here?

Why did the RAC fit you a new airbag?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
It's a main stealer job. I doubt the RAC would do it.
When i had the Note mine was done at the dealer, i think the op has confused things slightly.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
61 Posts
Did not know that the airbag recalls are also applied to Note E12. Is your Note E11 or E12?

·
Registered
74 Posts
This may sound stupid but it does work with most incidents like this, try disconnecting the battery again and leave it for a couple of moments.
Then reconnect it making sure you re connect the terminals in the correct order (positive first and then negative)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are you really saying the RAC does recall work for Nissan. This seems pretty bizarre to me.
Actually they did one of mine. Ive had one replaced at main dealer about 2 years ago, and the other was recently replaced by RAC on behalf of nissan. You book and everything through rac. They fitted it in my work carpark.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Actually they did one of mine. Ive had one replaced at main dealer about 2 years ago, and the other was recently replaced by RAC on behalf of nissan. You book and everything through rac. They fitted it in my work carpark.
How very odd.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks coolhands for "supporting" me. I think Covid meant the main dealers were restricted in what they could cope with so this extra workload was farmed out. the work to be done at the owners convenience. Work carried out on my drive at home

model 2012 dci n-tec+ manual if this info helps

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks coolhands for "supporting" me. I think Covid meant the main dealers were restricted in what they could cope with so this extra workload was farmed out. the work to be done at the owners convenience. Work carried out on my drive at home

model 2012 dci n-tec+ manual if this info helps
Its pretty obvious that you should be taking the car back to a Nissan dealer and explain what has happened. They organised the recall work with the RAC, they should now be organising the rectification work.

Clearly the RAC man did not have full knowledge of what needs doing, obviously he had not had full training to carry out the work. Since airbags are important safety kit I would be insisting that the whole job is fully tested and given a clean bill of health.

If Nissan and/or the RAC will not help contact the vehicle recall people and inform them about your concerns. After that it the Motor Ombudsman.

Are you aware that if the RAC have left the vehicle in a unsafe condition and you continue to drive it despite having concerns about the work YOU are liable and the fine is up to £2500 and a ban.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts