Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
Is there still an airbag problem with these Notes
They both have been replaced after being recalled ? now the driver one is flashing again

Has anyone else had this problem?

They are going to look at it free of charge as they have done it, but will charge then if its not their fault,

Also I have to wait 16 days to go in, surely its dangerous to drive?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I wouldn't drive a car with a flashing airbag warning light.

Can you not get it into another Nissan dealer any earlier?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That is what I thought
I asked them is it safe to drive and his reply was 18th December, so obviously Bassett Nissan don't give a toss for safety.
I need my car for mobility so It has to be sorted quickly,

They are the only dealer in the area.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If you use the custom search facility at top right you will come across this issue.
It usually means a problem with the air bag squib,also called the clock spring, a length of flat multi core cable wound around the centre boss in a plastic cassette type of arrangement which supplies power to all the controls mounted on the steering wheel and the stalks.One of the cables will have broken giving the flashing light.It needs looking at a,s,a,p as it is also an MOT failiure.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If you slowly turn the steering wheel both ways with the engine running and see if you get to a point that the light goes out,sometimes they do.If so then the clock spring is at fault,i had a similar issue but mine was with the button for the phone it did not work unless i was on full left lock.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I would still get to a garage and have it thoroughly checked as it's a safety issue that needs sorting sooner rather than later.
Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
Is there still an airbag problem with these Notes
They both have been replaced after being recalled ? now the driver one is flashing again

Has anyone else had this problem?

They are going to look at it free of charge as they have done it, but will charge then if its not their fault,

Also I have to wait 16 days to go in, surely its dangerous to drive?
I had my replacement 27th October 2021 two weeks later airbag light flashing, contacted both RAC and Nissan neither want to know, it is strange that since buying the car have never had any problems at all, then two weeks after replacement problems arise, now has to go to garage which no doubt will cost a fortune, angry doesn't even cut it.

·
Registered
Note 2009 dci86 owner on a budget
22 Posts
I had my replacement 27th October 2021 two weeks later airbag light flashing, contacted both RAC and Nissan neither want to know, it is strange that since buying the car have never had any problems at all, then two weeks after replacement problems arise, now has to go to garage which no doubt will cost a fortune, angry doesn't even cut it.
Hi ,
Have you an update on this problem , mines due for the recall, on both air bags, no warning lights on dash , but after reading about this im unsure whether i should go ahead and have them replaced ...!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hi ,
Have you an update on this problem , mines due for the recall, on both air bags, no warning lights on dash , but after reading about this im unsure whether i should go ahead and have them replaced ...!!!

Cheers
Definately have them replaced.Do not hesitate.
The recall was because the gas cannister that inflates the airbags is likely to explode when the bag is activated, which showers the cabin with lots of sharp matel fragments flying around at god knows what speed.
The safety of everyone in your car depends on them being replaced.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Definately have them replaced.Do not hesitate.
The recall was because the gas cannister that inflates the airbags is likely to explode when the bag is activated, which showers the cabin with lots of sharp matel fragments flying around at god knows what speed.
The safety of everyone in your car depends on them being replaced.
No No , i understand the reason for the recall safety etc , its just the car has been serviced from new at a good indy garage and was owned from new by a Proff, so money wasn't an issue , just seems weird they never had the recall done in there ownership
Obv with the posts on here about wiring issues, just was concerned that , i might end up with a big bill , or after its been done , flashing air bag lights etc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi ,

Cheers
Hi
No further forward to be honest, I am taking to my garage on 3rd December not a Nissan dealer, I just find it strange that a lot of people are having same problem after airbag recall and replacement, call me cynical but something doesn't sit right with me. At the moment when the light flashes I just reset it using ignition key, turn on turn off method.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi
No further forward to be honest, I am taking to my garage on 3rd December not a Nissan dealer, I just find it strange that a lot of people are having same problem after airbag recall and replacement, call me cynical but something doesn't sit right with me. At the moment when the light flashes I just reset it using ignition key, turn on turn off method.
Ta, just so im clear though , before the recall , did you have any dash lights , or was it only after theyd been replaced?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mmmm, thats where I am on this, also cant afford a huge bill, i understand the safety aspect of course, but as you say, rock and a hard place:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Further update on this is i rang the supplying dealer from new, they also confirmed the recall for driver and pass airbag, the lady said that shed never heard of the issue which you have and im a bit shy of getting, but of course she would say that thinking cynically.

How this came about was i used car tax check uk to see the mot history and on there it showed as NO RECALLS... outstanding
So lesson to be learnt there it seems

·
Registered
6 Posts
Further update on this is i rang the supplying dealer from new, they also confirmed the recall for driver and pass airbag, the lady said that shed never heard of the issue which you have and im a bit shy of getting, but of course she would say that thinking cynically.

How this came about was i used car tax check uk to see the mot history and on there it showed as NO RECALLS... outstanding
So lesson to be learnt there it seems
I don't trust them, I honestly believe either RAC who replaced airbag on Nissans behalf or Nissan themselves should be sorting this out, after all it was Nissan who recalled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe a silly Q but why did the rac REMOVE AND REFIT and not Nissan garage ?
I've no idea was just told in the recall letter that an RAC person would replace at my convenience anywhere I wanted so obviously I chose my home address, took less than an hour and ten days later the light started to flash, it isn't on all the time just now and again, but three times in past two days last week.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts