Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 56 Plate Note SVE which has the 6 in-dash double din head unit as standard. I have aquired a Nissan connect and have sourced an adapter cable to convert the newer plugs requires on the connect to the traditional ISO plugs fitted to the loom of the 2006MY Note. have also sourced USB lead, aerial adapter so thought fitment would be relatively straight-forward as I am not bothered wheteher I lose the use of steering wheel controls.

The problem I have are the brackets or more precisely the aligment of the holes on the side of the current double din unit are different to those on the connect. has anyone encountered this before and do they know what the correct part number is for the brackets into which the Nissan Connect will fit? I could drill new holes as necessary in the existing brackets but as the existing brackets are counter-sunk around the screw holes this may alter the width of the assembled connect (which has flush sides) plus brackets which in turn may cause alignment difficulties with the holes on the dash fitments.

The other question I have is where I should fit the GPS antenna block?

Thanks for any help suggestion members may be able to offer.

Ewen

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
where did you get you adapter lead made up ??? iirc the 6 disk doesnt have iso plugs unless it an early one
the mounts should be the same early ones are different tho,I have a pair lurking around here some where off a face lift surround

edit. the gps unit goes up under the dash just behind the sat nav

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I guess mine must be one of the early ones as it does have ISO plugs making it easy to hook up a Clarion or Kenwood etc but not the connect.
I bought the leads on Ebay which were advertised as allowing the sat nav to be fitted in other is non Nissan vehicles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No but my car doesn't have Bluetooth at the moment and I am not that bothered if I don't get that functionality. The painful part was the £70 I had to fork out for the USB lead/port

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE

Have sourced brackets from Ebay which have yet to arrive in the post. HOWEVER - major snag. The hole in the dash is not the same size as the Nissan connect. Damn. I can only assume that later (say 2007 onwards) cars which have bluetooth etc and are badged Visia, Acenta, N-Tec etc have a slightly different panel with a different (proper DIN) sized opening. Can anyone tell me the part number of the radio surround central panel?? Here are a couple of photos of mine which has the Blaupunkt 6CD in dash player fitted which appears to not be of a standard size. The second shows what should hopefully be the part number of the existing panel.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=d2ed589160a3f8e2&resid=D2ED589160A3F8E2!2538&parid=D2ED589160A3F8E2!103&authkey=!AMYvq1MHFZ7Whn8

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?
cid=d2ed589160a3f8e2&resid=D2ED589160A3F8E2!2539&parid=D2ED589160A3F8E2!103&authkey=!AKSqy246WoJuu1M

HELP??

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the facias are the same the later stereos are fitted from the rear only difference is the cubby hole and the aux location

i have 3 herean earlly 09/06, one 01/08 and a late 11 plate 11/10thay all measure the same size unless the 6 disc is odd size what i havent come across confused

The facias from the dealers are well over £100 plus vat
Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
i have changed a few 6cd's for connects on different nissan models and all have always been a straight swap so im unsure why you think yours is different

ps

cant see your pics the link is dead

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. I'm out and about and will post the sizes of mine later BUT it is definately narrower and deeper than the 178 x 100 measured on the connect
Flash22 would you be willing to sell one of the three you have?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
never come across this before you car must be a very early one
i will give the better one of the 3 a clean and see how it comes up as per pm it may need a coat of paint

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Flash22 - thanks I have tried all the local vehicle dismantlers and can't even find one which has a Note in stock let alone the part I need.

Once you have cleaned up the best of the 3 perhaps you could email a picture? I could swap the lid from my panel to deal with the scratch you mentioned so it all depends on how bad the other marks are......

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Think my radio was/is standard on all SVE badged cars but had been changed by the time the badging changed to Visia, Acenta, N-Tec, Tekna etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
453 Posts
OMG - My Nissan dealer has just replaced part 68520 because the rubber was coming off because of the previous owner. Is that the part you needed?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts