Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
Hope i am posting this in the right place.

I am Thinking of adding a Pure Highway 300Di DAB Adaptor to my 2011 nissan note
I Have The Connect System & Was Going to link it in via the 3.5mm Jack Plug
as i am not keen on useing the aerial connection option just wanted to know if it is easy to wire in
as it needs a permanent live and a switched live. Halfords are doing this unit with free fitting subject to
Survey but i dont really trust them to pull the car apart and mess with the electrics, though we do have a
local car audio place that could probably fit this Otherwise its probably a trip to my local nissan dealer to
fit it really would like to get this as i have dab hifi tuner indoors but would like to know what people think if its worth the hassle.

Regards
John

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Hmmm...the government is talking about phasing out all FM radio transmissions in a couple of years, which means that all new cars will require DAB as standard. This is a joke, it's hardly been universally adopted by the general public, and it does't even work all that well in a car. Trying to get a decent signal can be near impossible in some areas, and even when you do it's not the crystal clear medium they try to make it out to be. What a scam...you just KNOW that certain politicians have a financial interest in getting the technology accepted.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
dont take it to the dealers !!!if its hard wired in to the aerial not a problem, problem with using the 3.5mm jack is getting the line levels correct, live and sw live can be picked up off the back of the connect as the dab units dont pull much current
if you worried about cutting into the wiring you can get a SOT lead and modifiy that way it wont affect your warrenty (if you have some left)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Flash For your Reply
Dont suppose you would have a wireing diagram to show the right pins on the back of the connect

Also if have any idea of part no for a possible compatible sot cable

Regards

John R

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i have the diagrams/pinouts for the connect, sot lead wise the subaru one has the same plugs and does the job autoleads part number. Sot-918
cant give all my note secrets away you know. lol

pm me your email address and i will send you the info in a pdf(please dont post it on the forum)

shhhh. the above lead is what i use for the connect retrofit modfied to fit of course

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Flash for your help
just trying to get my head around it all give me a computer and the bits i can build it and make it work
give me a wireing diagram and the Brain cant cope lol

So Lets see If i Go Out and Buy A Standard Sot-918 And connect it all together it wont work ?
If I Buy The Moded One from You it should work?

This Pure Dab 300Di Uses ISO Connecters apparently
So for my next Question how much would you charge me for a modded Sot-918 Inc P&P

I Have a Paypal A/c so can pay that way just really want to get this all done now fingers x should pick
the unit up today Since my Note Is New I Dont want halfords to mess with free installation or not
anyway once again thanks for all your help its really appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
If itsISO it should just plug together dont worry about the line diagrams there are listpinouts of the plugs and a list telling you what thay are, from page AV-56 onwards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts