Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Makes me laugh, I've been telling the forum for a long time now that using Shell nitro diesel helps your engine run smoother, more responsive and better MPG. But because "Honest John" said "it helps" everybody believes it
Sometimes I feelit's like throwing seed onto stony ground when you try and give advice in the forum
With H J, as long as the cars got hat room, the cars OK. When he's quoting MPG and the BHP from the different engines you can see that he's reading it from a sheet next to the camera, very amateurish. Watch Mat Watson on car buyer, he's one of the best, but You've got to give it to H J, he's done well for himself, I see now he's getting Mrs Honest John in on the act?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I was only posting to show an independant back up of the experience with the better quality fuel, my petrol auto is a more pleasant drive with the better fuel too.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
I wasn't getting at you Mdvineng, but other people have often said about Honest John and his reports,they think he's the bee's knees

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
didn't think you were, just clarifying. HJ's website on the whole is good but with all stuff out there be careful and think for yourself :)
and now i have my car back with two new doors and fresh paint n polish, I'll look for an alternative next spring but HJ's site is the only one that lets you know most of the time whattype of auto gearbox is fitted, the rest just say "auto" so it gets my thumbs up for that alone.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
What you got lined up for some tyre kicking. What size vehicle you looking for

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
This subject has been going since 11th July 2011

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
probably go for a Vitara or a mazda 6

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Could the Vitara be a bit on the hard side for comfort/

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
No idea not tried one yet but most of the crossovers couldn't actually crossover! Oh and the Mokka auto goes on the list especially in boracay blue

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
They don't make the proper vitara any more, what they call a vitara now is some sort of faux 4x4 with 2wd, and zero off road ability.

Shame as I was thinking of replacing mine with a GrandVitara.

Must be me that is out of step though, as it is what everybody makes nowadays, so they must sell in droves.

I even had a look at a Kia Sportage as they are "good" and "cheap" but they start at £25K for an auto, which is about 50% more than I expected. (The second hand ones usually come with no propshaft as they have a self seizing viscous coupler like the Freelander 1, and they aren't exactly cheap either)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
I don't know if this post is still going but I thought I'd throw my 2 pence worth in too, as my mpg is particularly bad.
I recently purchased a Note N-Tec 1.4L 2011 reg (28,800 miles) and thought it would be an economic city car.
However, with all city driving, I'm getting readings of 30-31 mpg! I topped up my petrol (£40) and I'm looking at less than 250 miles from it in total.

I've seen the postsoutlining the real average MPG for my car (~44mpg)but mine is ridiculously low. I haven't carried out any maintenance or servicing on the car yet, as I thought it seemed to be in very good nick.

Any suggestions onwhy my MPG is so bad?
Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Thanks,

Shuja

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 1.6 tekna auto on a 60 plate and I get around 29 mpg round the city I do a lot of stop start in my job. Onboard computer says mpg of 28 so pretty accurate on mine

81 - 92 of 92 Posts