Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
this afternoon I took a trip to Clydebank (which is about 12 miles each way) and before I left I reset the mpg reading to zero drove into Clydebank done shopping and drove back, the mpg readout is saying that i am getting 50.5 mpg, will give it a better test over weekend as I am going to drive to Bristol (about 400 mile) so should get a better reading, I have a 58 plate 1.4 Accenta and if my trip gets any where near that figure I will be happy

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
silverhairs said:
It runs smoother, more responsive and better MPG,there will be people out there who will poo poo this

I tried poo pooing it and the exhaust turned brown...it definitely smells of sulphur though...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi guys since I've had my 1.5dci serviced my mpg has increased from 58ish to over 62 (computer says 65) and I'm well pleased. I used to have a Megane Sport Saloon with same engine and constantly got over 60.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 1.4 petrol note.

Trip computer was reading a range of 20 mile until empty, current trip was reading 377 miles with an average of 50.5mpg, so a theoretical total range of approx 505 miles.

Just filed up and there was a shade under 10 litres still in the tank! So the theoretical range would be about right.

Most amazing thing is I've had the Aircon on pretty much constantly!

Only had the Note 2 weeks, but I'm amazed.

260 of the miles covered was doing 64mph (60 mph SatNav) speed down the A1 under cruise control. The rest has been some urban driving and the majority extra urban, 16 mile commute to work then back 16 mile.

Nothing else in the car except dropping my son off on a morning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all, as promised here is my findings of mpg over last couple of weeks visiting friends and family in and around Bristol, took separate mileage and fuel over all the journey, on way down to Bristol got caught up in a motorway closure, it was closed for about 6 hours so I expected to have low mpg. first fill up I was getting 51mpg which I was surprised at due to hold up, second fill up which was a lot of town and motorway work came in at 45.5mpg, third fill up was all town work came in as 41.3mpg,the last fill up came in at a staggering 57.5mpg, this was over a distance of 444 mile, filled up tank just outside Bristol and again at local garage that I use regularly, over the whole trip it came out at just under 50 mpg which I am very happy with. on motorway my speed was kept to a steady 60, sometimes went up to 70 to pass other vehicles but being a pensioner and not in any hurry I just traveled steady without slowing other drivers. for a 1.4 Acenta I think this is good and also I was very comfortable and relaxed when I arrived home. on long trips in other cars I have had I have always suffered back pain but not with the Note. once again I am a happy Note owner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently made a trip to Ireland going via ferry and in all doing about 1640 miles. Have to say I was pretty pleased with the 49.4 avg mpg I got most of the time from my 62 plate 1.4 Acentia.

Around town I generally average about 40.6...

·
Registered
78 Posts
2007 1.4 SE with 44,000 on the clock. 90% Open A roads and dual carriageways, 34 mile round trips to work sat at about 50 MPH and returning 48-50MPG..impressive stuff. Admittedly I'm going through the honeymoon period since I've just bought it so I have been nursing it...mainly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fuel efficiency was one of the big reasons for getting my Note. (It's the diesel, 06 plate.)

I'm getting 60-65mpg on the 20-mile commute to work, and about 50-55mpg on those pesky short trips into the local town.

Best yet was the 69mpg commute (driving at 60mph, drafting behind a Sainsbury's truck.)

I am delighted.

Andy

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Well done Andy G, that's good MPG. Poor senior member Midasi1 the old boys having a job keeping awake?I wonder if he's got a 1.5 diesel or one of these whose got a 1.4 or 1.6petrol and cannot get any where near those figures? I know if I had purchased a petrol Note and you quoted them figures, I would be really pissed off!

I've got 67 MPG, but I did start getting up to the mid 70's, I'll have to really try harder next time!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Got 7, 500 miles on mine now, not tried any eco driving, does 50 mpg blasting down the road then stop start driving. Sure it would do very well with eco driving, but at moment just don't have the patience.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Benjamin Disraeli (1804""“1881) said there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

How true......still yawning, puts mug of milk to warm in microwave, lights candle and slowly waddles off to bed...night all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
last week on a run from cornwall to birmingham, our 1.6 SVE 06' full loaded managed 57.1mpg. motorway speeds of around 70mpg all the way, which i though was amazing.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Please, please & pretty please dearest moderators put block on this thread - enough is enough is enough.

I might have to go into the garden and start eating worms.

BTW on a recent run to the local garage (1.3345678 miles away approximately) I bought nearly 28.2398156 litres of petrol. So dear mpg statisticians what was a) my car's colour and b) what did sneakyelephant's wife have for breakfast ?

It's good to laugh......

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
Hey Midas....if you don't like the thread, don't read it.

Seems to be a popular thread for sharing MPG experiences, so why knock it.

Enjoy your worms.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
A quote from the radio show "just a minute" repetition.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts