Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought a used 2010Acenta 1.6 automatica few months ago, but onlyrecently discovered the AC doesn't work. Took it toa local garage and they told me the AC radiator (I presume they meant thecondenser) unit is leaking. They told me to buy the part and they would then fit it.
Considering it's only AC that I rarely seem to need, I don't want take my car to the Nissan dealer and decided to source the part myself. I've found quite a few condensers on sale onlineand on eBayfrom as low as about £80. However, some websites have mentioned that I should also replace the Received Drier, although it's also stated that on some later models it's built into the side of the condenser. None of the condensers I've come across come with a built in receiver drier, although some suppliers sell them separately.

Would anyone here happen to know if purchasing a condenser (OEM part no 92100AX800/92100AX801/92100AX80B) and a separate Receiver drier (921312Y960)would do the trick for my 2010 Acenta?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Agree with 'Freddie', take it back and moan, objectively but incessantly, until it is fixed.
No redress though if it was a private sale unless it fails roadworthiness or was misdescribed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Condensers fail owing to their exposed location - salt spray, stones, debris take their toll and part construction is light-duty these days. Failure at 3 yrs in not unusual.

The condenser you need is Nissan 92100-BH40A. Previous numbers as you have stated them.This is supplied by Nissan with the 'Drier installed so need for a separate part. Just make sure the installer uncaps the connections immediately before connecting the pipes and proceeds to vacuum stage quickly before recharging, especially in this warm humid weather. Vac stage min 30 mins. This done, you'll be fine and good for 3-4 years more use unless something unexpected fails (rare/unlucky).

If you need it, the 'Drier is Nissan 92131-2Y920 (previous 92131-2Y960).

Both items won't be cheap from Nissan but aftermarket replacements are available which interchange with the original parts.

Consider aftermarket versions and check pricing :
Condenser + drier assembly - ECP 222700250 - correct for your car.
Drier - ECP 233700070 - correct for your car.

Good luck, and I hope this helps with your 2010 1.6 auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for all your replies. The car was bought from a private seller so I'll have to get the AC repaired myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, a friend has asked me to help him replace his condenser on his Nissan Note 1.6 auto this friday and just wondering if anyone has a breakdown of what order to remove parts to get the old one out. He has bought a new condenser, seals and ac oil for the connections.

All i know is that the bumper will need to come off. Any tips? Anything else to look out for?

One of those jobs that could take 2 hours or all day I'm guessing! Thanks in advance.
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts