Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned our 2007 Note SE Dci since March and it has now done just over 41k miles.

We are troubled by an intermittent but very load clonk from under the front footwell. It sounds to me like something clunking back into place.

Have taken it to our local garage and they were unable to trace anything specific as it is imossible to always replicate the problem. It occurs for short periods of time and then goes away again and is, usually associated with fairly energetic cornering or shifts in weight balance, usually under braking.

Anyone got any ideas?

All thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome, mikemellish. Sorry to hear of your problem. I'm no expert but it seems like suspension. I had something similar on an aged Maxi. Have the mechanics checked all suspension joints and especially bushes?More thoughts - there might be a slightly loose exhaust fitting or a sub-frame fixing, but these are less likely on Nissans than on Longbridge products.

·
Registered
109 Posts
have a garage check out the suspension bushes, mine had "popped out", this along with a brake caliper that had siezed cost £295 at a non dealer garage, expect to double that if you go to a dealer

if it is the n/s the noise is coming from, nissan are aware of a design flaw that has an updated part produced to fix, this is not covered under recalls so you have to pay yet again, 108 quid for the part + labour

1 - 4 of 4 Posts