Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my Indiana Jones style search for knowledge Google directed me to this site:-<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
<H2 style="MARGIN: auto 0cm">http://www.micrak12.com/micra.htm</H2>
It appears that the engine of the 1.6 Micra K12 version 2003-2010 and the Note 1.6 HR16DE are the same (don't know if the brakes, electrics etc are the same?)
Great site with loads of quality ""how to do""� photo shots if you like to get ""hands on""� with your machines, helpful hints and how to ""bling up""� you car if that's what tickles your fancy!
As an afterthought if you have any unanswered questions about the note it might be worthwhile searching the Micra K12 sites online?
All the best Spartacus1961

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks to spartacus1961 and the link I will be doing my spark plug change and spending my ££££ on the necessary tools instead of labour to do the job. Looks easy enough, just got to source the expensive gasket but no doubt I'll be getting this from Nissan.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,
glad you like the site.

BOBBYBINGO I know what you mean about buying crucial car parts from "grey" sources!

The platinum tipped spark plugs for the 1.6 cost £19.01 each from nissan parts direct via fleabay, but other sellers only ask that price approx for the full set of 4 "genuine" spark plugs?

I know that you should not look a gift horse in the mouth but is it worth risking destroying the engine for a few quid?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
BOBBYBINGO said:
Thanks to spartacus1961 and the link I will be doing my spark plug change and spending my ££££ on the necessary tools instead of labour to do the job. Looks easy enough, just got to source the expensive gasket but no doubt I'll be getting this from Nissan.
the gasket is about £18 from nissan, no special tools are needed, just a socket set and a screwdriver or two a long reach spark plug socket may be an idea

ps.the plugs have a long thread on them compaired to a standard plug

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cheers flash/spartacus, just thought I'd get the tools instead of paying the labour. Will get a price for the labour though from my local independent and post the result on here.I'm going to make sure that I get the exact spark plugs for the job & won't need to change for ages then.
I want to save money on servicing costs but this has got to be done correctly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just got a price from the local independent to change spark plugs and it's £20 + VAT (for labour) which considering it looks a bit of a pain its not too bad. Just weighing up whether to do it myself or splash the cash. Garage bloke wants me just to nip down and let him have a quick look at what needs to be taken off to change etc....£24 is not too bad really.
Only spent £25 all in on labour since I've had the car which is 20 months so can't complain.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just priced up spark plugs from Nissan main dealer for 1.6 auto along with the required gasket and all in including VAT the price is £81.50. Initially the spark plugs were £76.03 including VAT and the gasket was £22.98 including VAT and asked if there was any chance of a discount and he reduced to the all in price of £81.50.

Asked the chap to look at the brand name and the spark plugs are in Nissan boxes but contain NGK iridium spark plugs. Might get these unless anyone knows of a better deal etc.....
Once done will be good for three years/37500 miles!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc its only denso and ngk who do the plugs for the hr16de

standard plugs arnt list as iridium set of 4 from gsf are 54.10 or thay do cheaper ones for £10.40 each

im suprised there isnt an pattern part gasket on the market

·
Registered
167 Posts
Flash do you think that price is ok though, plugs come in at just over £60 so the gasket is coming in at just over £21 but good thing is I can collect tomorrow & fit or get them fitted Friday. Will work out at £105.50 for new plugs and gasket fitted.
What do you think and anyone else?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
pattern part number for the gasket is... (need to double check this)
BGA (BGAutomotive)MG4777

edit. on ebay for £12 quid inc post

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Just bought 4 NGK PLZKAR6A-11 spark plugs for £19.99 delivered from ebay, seller has 100% feedback and previous of said item to other happy Note/ squashyowners so should be good?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Papo said:
Exsist in the same site to the Note, as the Micra to?
themicra shares some common parts with the note

the K12micra sr160 has the hr16de engine same as the note, brake pads and discs are the same spec whats useful for cross refrencing aftermarket parts/tuning parts

the k12micra also hasthe connect satnav (the retrofit uses micra parts)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
mdvineng said:
Just bought 4 NGK PLZKAR6A-11 spark plugs for £19.99 delivered from ebay, seller has 100% feedback and previous of said item to other happy Note/ squashyowners so should be good?
thats a good price there £54.10 from gfs

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I'll double check them for possible copies and report back

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
4 spark plugs arrived from ebay and genuine NGK PLZKAR6A-11, well packed but not in individual boxes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
mdvineng. Hi mate I'm after a set of the same plugs. Who was the seller etc... Was going to get Denso but Nissan supply NGK iridium in Nissan boxes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
mdvineng. Cheers, just looked at the link, they're cheap plugs, elsewhere they are £50+. Is all well with them, do they appear to be the genuine iridium plug, if so I'm buying some.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts