Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi red engine light came on, took to garage, who said it was fuel filter, had it change , drove for a couple of days, NOW its back on again for god sake HELP any advice still on finance

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hi, with a red light showing you should not drive the car until the problem is correctly diagnosed.
Often it can just be a simple charge fault (like a poor battery or loose battery connection)
But the light could be for so many other reasons.
My guess would be that it won't be serious, but i would book the car in at a different garage.. and resist driving it at all, other than to get it there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, with a red light showing you should not drive the car until the problem is correctly diagnosed.
Often it can just be a simple charge fault (like a poor battery or loose battery connection)
But the light could be for so many other reasons.
My guess would be that it won't be serious, but i would book the car in at a different garage.. and resist driving it at all, other than to get it there.
it was diagnosed as fel fault >>>>
but still showing red light ??????

·
Registered
739 Posts
The garage may have had a fault code on their diagnostic kit, and it may well have a fuel problem... but my hunch is that something else is ALSO wrong.
(so could i be of course) On a 65 plate your battery is near end of life and it needs to be ruled out for a start. The AGM batteries are often shot at 5 years old and up pops the red engine warning light.
If the garage is known as generally good around your area then take it back to them.

·
Registered
722 Posts
When i owned a Note i too had the red engine light of doom.
Turned out that i , once, i almost ran out of fuel so called in at the first service station i came across ( apple ) something or other.I later learned that the fuel had traces of water in it which was the cause for me. I ran the bit of fuel i had put in to get me home and then filled up with decent fuel from a main stream garage. Light never came back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts