Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is in excellent condition. One previous owner. £0 road tax and only 53,000 miles on the clock. Full-service history available. Selling as going travelling abroad. Please see further specifications below:

· 5 doors
· Full satellite navigation system
· Cruise Control
· Multi-function steering wheel
· Remote central locking and push to open
· Stop Start engine
· Manual control
· All round electric windows
· Blue Tooth connection system
· Alloy wheels
· Front and rear armrest
· USB and Aux connections
· Eco driving functions
· Air Conditioning
· Automatic lights
· Rain sensor wipers
· Reverse parking system
· Rear Black tinted privacy windows
· Folding rear seats
· Alarm
· ABS breaking system
· Heated door mirrors
· Immobiliser
· Fully adjustable front seats
· Part Leather seats
· 6 speakers
· 3-point rear seat belts
· Child proof rear door locks
· Driver Air Bags
· Front side Air Bags

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just checked and its got a pretty poor MOT history. A car that has failed its last 2 looks to me like it has not been well maintained.

Reason(s) for failure
  • Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively both (8.2.2)
  • Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid (8.2.3)
Advisory notice item(s)
  • Nearside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit 2.5mm worn on inner edge (4.1.E.1)
  • Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit 3mm worn on inner edge (4.1.E.1)
  • Front Brake pad(s) wearing thin (3.5.1g)

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):
  • Nearside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (5.2.3 (e))
  • Offside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (5.2.3 (e))
Repair immediately (major defects):
  • Windscreen washer not working both (3.5 (a))
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Front Brake pad(s) wearing thin (1.1.13 (a) (ii))
  • Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
Obviously the front pads that were nearly worn out in 2018 had not been replaced by 2019. As I said, not a well maintained car.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just checked and its got a pretty poor MOT history. A car that has failed its last 2 looks to me like it has not been well maintained.

Reason(s) for failure
  • Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively both (8.2.2)
  • Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid (8.2.3)
Advisory notice item(s)
  • Nearside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit 2.5mm worn on inner edge (4.1.E.1)
  • Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit 3mm worn on inner edge (4.1.E.1)
  • Front Brake pad(s) wearing thin (3.5.1g)

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):
  • Nearside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (5.2.3 (e))
  • Offside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (5.2.3 (e))
Repair immediately (major defects):
  • Windscreen washer not working both (3.5 (a))
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Front Brake pad(s) wearing thin (1.1.13 (a) (ii))
  • Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
Obviously the front pads that were nearly worn out in 2018 ohad not been replaced by 2019. As I said, not a well maintained car.
Most of the advisories are piffle.. (screen wash not working etc)
I'd agree that the brake discs and pads should have been attended to sooner.
But for a cash buyer who could possibly save a grand odd under dealer prices it's still worth a look. Fact is DIG-S your mot check on this members car has not done him any favours whatsoever.
It's up to potential buyers to weigh the vehicle up.
The seller says it has FSH... Hmm..
I'd want to see good evidence of the servicing in general, but I'd take your point that any good garage would've highlighted the worn brakes, and that might extend to the rest of the cars servicing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Most of the advisories are piffle.. (screen wash not working etc)
I'd agree that the brake discs and pads should have been attended to sooner.
But for a cash buyer who could possibly save a grand odd under dealer prices it's still worth a look. Fact is DIG-S your mot check on this members car has not done him any favours whatsoever.
It's up to potential buyers to weigh the vehicle up.
The seller says it has FSH... Hmm..
I'd want to see good evidence of the servicing in general, but I'd take your point that any good garage would've highlighted the worn brakes, and that might extend to the rest of the cars servicing.
Regarding my check doing him no favours that may be true but its also true that it could well prevent another member buying a car that has faults they are not aware of. The check is available free to all at Check the MOT history of a vehicle all you need is the car reg. On one forum I visit frequently its a service regularly recommended by members, some post the info like I did when there is evidence of a possibly neglected car.

Its also a fact that many people do not understand what an MOT does and how it works. Some owners think that providing the car is MOT's once a year that is all the maintenance it needs and means the car has a full service history. They do noy realise its only a safety check and not a full service.

Others like the wifes uncle misunderstand it in other ways. Last summer we convinced him to replace his 16 year old Fiesta he bought new. The Kia Picanto was our chosen favourite since it had £2000 scrapage at the time, WBAC were offering £450 for the Fiesta. I checked the MOT history of the Fiesta and despite being serviced at his trusted indy in the village it failed every year some serious items such as brake pipes and other items that should never happen such as illegal tyres. Regardless the indy should never have presented the car in that condition. There was always a long list of advisories and many were repeated year on year. When I pointed these out to the uncle he believed that they were all fixed at the service annually. Worst part of the Fiesta was the engine light being on and the car clearly being in limp mode. I pointed this out to him and he said that the chap at the garage had told him not to worry, I told him never to go to that garage ever again.

Car eventually went in PX against a pre reg Suzuki Celerio, cost less to change than the Picanto and he could actually see out of the Suzuki, he is only about 4'10" tall. Checked the MOT about a month after he PX'd it, it failed on most of the previous years advisories (including chassis corrosion and brake pipes) plus the EML light of course. Unbelievably it passed the same day, bloody fast workers.

Cars fail MOT's, its a fact of life but none should fail on the items an owner should check regularly like tyres and lights or more obvious ones like rubbish wipers. My car is in for a service and MOT today and I see no reason for a failure on basic items but who knows what lurks. Last failure I had was actually wipers and considering only 2 days earlier I had driven 400+ miles mostly in rain I knew they were fine. I complained to the garage who said that they must replace the wipers for it to pass, reluctantly I had to agree. With new wipers it still failed. I went to the garage and it was obvious to me what the issue was, diesel on the screen only visible when wet. The service manager went and cleaned the screen and voila, they worked. so I complained again suggesting I would be contacting the local inspection centre and he removed the cost of wipers form the invoice. Idle robbing barstewards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts