Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought black Note 1.4 n-tec in May with 8900 miles and now done 13250. Surprised to see level of wear on tyres and wondered what others get out of a set. Also at the bottom of screen there appears to be some tape/sealer which is peeling at both sides, I have seen this on other vehicles but don't know the reason for the tape. There are no apparent leaks.

Happy with car, despite a new engine being fitted last month, and getting 50+ mpg most of the time.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
What year is your Note, and what tyres are fitted. As for the tape.......no idea.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The contis are soft as cheese i got 6k out of mine but others have got 12k out of theres, i now have yoko c-drives on mine and there a v.good all weather tires
Dont know what the tape is about mine hasnt got it, has the screen been replaced at some point ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that, will look at Yoko. Don't think so but have seen it on others. Wondered if it was something that shoild have been removed when new. Will see dealer when service due in December.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm pretty sure everything lasts better than the Contis, good thing is the Falkens are lots cheaper and are said to be a reasonable mid range tyre. I'm getting Falkens for the front of my Note soon.I used to have Contis on a Sharknose BMW 525e I owned and they were superb, whether they just don't suit the Note or the rubber compound is different.
Look on the "which tyres for Nissan Note" log, I think there is a number of links to tyres.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Weird about the Contis on Notes isn't it?

The Contis (Sport Contact) on my old Alhambras used to be good for 30-35000!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
funny enough i found the reciept from my yokos this morning £340 fitted
Bobby. 16" are an awkward size 15" tire are common size

iirc the cheapest 16"budgets are about £48 plus fitting (forceum hexa)

·
Registered
143 Posts
My Note is on 15" wheels and the OEM Continental 185/65/15's are awful. Much too soft in the sidewall and the wearrate on front tyres is very poor. If you like a boulevard ride from your car - OK. If you desire a degree of positive feel, feedbackand longevity - choose something else.

I've used Falkens on previous cars and regretted it each time after a few months whenthe tramlining effect creeps inand the tyres go hard. Wear ratewas below average.The price is a real temptation admittedly... but never again! On my Fiat Sedici I just switched to KumhoSolus (OEM brand equipped on new Kia/Hyundai) and will monitor results. The Kumhos weresensibly priced and the specification looks good. They suit the Sedici's hard suspensionreally well.

Personally I really rate Dunlop SP01's if available in your size as a 2nd choice.I am a real fussy so-and-so as regards tyres and if available in the sizes I need I'd always choose Michelin Pilots as No.1, but notthe case for my current cars tyre specs as not available! TheMichelins proved to be the best tyre choice for my Alfas and well worth the outlay -impressive grip, lots of feedback, well-balanced ride, and impressive longevity. Love them!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll have a look at the Michelin Pilots and Dunlops and see if they do the 185 55 r16 83v, bet they will be pricey. Think if I end up with the Falkens and they don't suit the front I'll put them on the back at some time. Did this recently when I got some Wanli brand (made in China by one of the leading makers) for my Grand Picasso and they were awful, every time I went round a sweeping bend on A roads they made a rumbling noise, stuck them on the back when I needed more tyres and they were fine.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
If your rear tyres are wearing on one side of the tread, get the rear wheel alignment checked.
As reported in another thread, mine were wearing on the outside, and the rear toe-in was miles too much.
The tyres should wear flat at the back, and flattish at the front, depending on how spirited your driving is.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((oo) GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Mrs Elephant has just come back from shopping in the Note...some bonehead has chucked a plank with a 3" screw sticking out of it right in front of our house, and Mrs E has driven over it. She says 'I thought I drove round it!' GREAT....any SENSIBLE elephant would park well away from the thing, there's masses of room out there...apparently it's MY fault for putting the R-34 in the garage, as if that makes a difference!
Off to Kwikfit we go then....

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
rebus said:
That's an expensive Screw!!!!! sure hope it all goes ok...but spending money is never pleasant.
The most expensive screw was when I MARRIED THE COW (a cow is a female elephant btw so please don't accuse me of sexism)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Contis on each corner - so did I, for the same reason!The NSF had excessive wear on the outside of the tread(tracking since corrected). Can't wait for them to wear out and replace all four."Life on the ocean wave"..... yawn.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts