Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ive just joined this forum on the behalf of my father.

He has recently bought a 59 reg note 1.6 acenta 5d. Ive noticed that the stereo has bluetooth. Can anyone please advise if this can be used for making calls or just incoming calls. Secondly does anyone have a link for the stereo manual.

Many Thanks

Barry

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome Barry, yes you can make and receive phone calls. You will need to use the Nissan Connect mobile App.
A quick Google came up with plenty of downloadable guides for the Connect stereo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Barry, yes you can make and receive phone calls. You will need to use the Nissan Connect mobile App.
A quick Google came up with plenty of downloadable guides for the Connect stereo.

Thanks for your reply. Very much appreciated.

I did have a look.on Google but all i could find was user manual for the car. I was searching for 2009 nissan note stereo manual as i dont the exact model number. Im pretty sire its a single cd and not the 6disc that nissan also do.

Many thanks
Barry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for your reply. Very much appreciated.

I did have a look.on Google but all i could find was user manual for the car. I was searching for 2009 nissan note stereo manual as i dont the exact model number. Im pretty sire its a single cd and not the 6disc that nissan also do.

Many thanks
Barry
Please see attached photo which is the same as whats in the car. Im not sure if this is the connect range or not. I done a search for the connect and they all seem to have a onboard screen/sat nav etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
@Pet01
I have a conencts unit in my 2009 Note, all i did was turn on bluetooth on the car stereo then turn bluetooth on in my phone. The two will find each other and the connects unit will display a verification number that you may have to enter on your phone to complete the connection ( my phone did it automatically ), then it will ask if you want to download the contacts from your phone. If you reply "yes" all it means is when a call comes through to you the callers id will be shown on the screen of the connects unit.When you want to make a call just press and hold the "phone" button on the steering wheel and speak the contacts name you wish to call after you hear the beep.

It was very easy to do and i have not got the nissan connect mobile app on my phone,nor do i see you need it in any way.
Like i said, very easy to do, give it a shot, only takes five minutes.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It isn't a connect. it is the standard stereo

Turn it on ;)
Press the square menu button
Press enter
wiggle dial to PAIR phone
Press enter it will say Ready to pair passcode 1234

Do stuff on the phone to pair it with MY CAR

It may work, bear in mind it was built many years ago when mobile phones used IOS 1.0 and things have "improved" now = won't work. :wink:

To call out

Press the phone off the hook button- briefly will redial last call press and use the volume will scroll the phone book, long press and say the contact clearly causes it to dial a random number :grin: .

On the stereo- press book, scroll to the contact and press phone off the hook.

No idea where to get a manual from, sorry.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Being a very old model, the connect 1 (?) might not connect to your smart phone, if it does pair up, you can receive and phone out through the car radio.
There has been many posts over the years about using more up to date smart phones and the connect 1 not being compatible, and unable to pair up, it's modern technology not being compatible with old technology, even though it's a few years old.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the help. I will have a play about when im next over my parents..

Cheers again👍👍

Barry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi people, I have been trying to put a new satnav radio into my 09 plate Nissan. this is to replace the existing note radio, when I bought the new one I made sure it was from a note. Only problem is the loom on my note doesn't have the same plugs that the new unit does. The nice guys at Bosch Germany (Frank)sent me a manual but it doesn't tell me what the sockets are for. I want to maintain the stalk controls, please find attached photo of my radio, also Franks copy of the radio manual

Attachments

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
We used to have a member who made up leads for situations like yours. The only thing you can do and members before you have done, is to visit a car radio/entertainment shop (NOT NISSAN) they will sort you out with correct leads, enabling you to still use your steering wheel controls

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers for the above help. I managed to connect the bluetooth to my dads samsung s10+ and works a treat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I have a Nissan Note 58 reg with the same radio unit as shown above. However when I bought it off the previous owner the radio was locked and he did not have a code for it.

I am looking for help with regards to unlocking the radio unit if possible, and without having to go through Nissan as they charge £70.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Shop around, there are plenty of online suppliers and you may even find a Nissan dealer with a sense of realism (the unlock codes cost them €2, yes two euros)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Waj

As Nigel B says, shop around.I went into my local Nissan dealer, he suggested if i took in a photo of the radio screen with the lockout information and proof of ownership he would give me the code. I'm having trouble getting the leads sorted so haven't taking him up on it yet. Can you let me know if you get it sorted please Waj.

Pete D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts