Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my E11 in January, the Sat Nav thinks I’m in Denmark. Via Ebay I have purchased two, supposedly, up to date SD cards. Neither have worked and I’m still in Denmark. I have disconnected the battery and left it over nigh, switched on and Denmark! Is there a way of resetting the sat Nav or accessing the GPRS. any ideas? Cheers Barry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OMG - serious question - E11 What is an E11??

I'm going to do some quick research, you know what its like you have stumbled in to a pub where everyone is speaking Esperanto

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG - serious question - E11 What is an E11??

I'm going to do some quick research, you know what its like you have stumbled in to a pub where everyone is speaking Esperanto
Will let you research it on the Nissan Note page🤪

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up my E11 in January, the Sat Nav thinks I’m in Denmark. Via Ebay I have purchased two, supposedly, up to date SD cards. Neither have worked and I’m still in Denmark. I have disconnected the battery and left it over nigh, switched on and Denmark! Is there a way of resetting the sat Nav or accessing the GPRS. any ideas? Cheers Barry.
There are you tube videos that show you how to reset the sat nav back to factory setting

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Do you mean it is speaking in Danish, or more hopefully, it has you positioned in Denmark?

Assuming the latter, it is because the Bosch LCN (connect) is pretty useless in the antenna department, mine often thinks I'm in a field miles from my house.

The unit works out where you are in one of two ways

If it has a GPS lock, it calculates the position!

If it doesn't, it uses the last calculated position (which could be months ago) and information from distance travelled and direction (somehow) to guess where you are on a road now. This is how it works in a tunnel or a forest. (And likely what it is doing now, based on its last GPS lock being in Denmark)

Do this

1) from the map screen, touch the menu button lower left, and then touch "show position information" Write down what it says, and check against google Earth, most likely it will say --------- if it doesn't have a GPS lock.

2) Press the left knob and turn the audio off.

Hold your finger on the "SETUP" button, spin the right dial left a bit, right a bit, left a bit and it will go into service mode

touch system state

touch Running System Status
Scroll down for the GPS info.

You need at least 5 satellites tracked for a 3D fix, 4 gives a 2D fix.

EDIT: just press the MAP or NAV button to exit the service menu.

What to do if it isn't tracking?

Well, you can do the reset thing, (which wont help, except it will forget about Denmark :) )

I bought a GPS antenna puck off eBay for £7 - you need the one with the blue plug, connected it to the back of the unit, and stick it on the roof out the drivers window when it is really lost. In normal use I stick it to a metal plate glued on the dash under the windscreen.

Reactions: kptg

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I levered up the flat top of the dash, under the windscreen- I can't remember, but I think the white A pillar covers have to come off first.
Then I could get to the back of the connect and remove the original, then plugged in the new one- I think, but I might have taken the screws out from the panel to remove the brackets and pulled it forwards...

I fed the lead to the puck along the dash under the top, and out the side by the door, then I have a loop of wire hanging down to give enough slack to put it on the roof through the window. Doesn't look elegant, but it works.

It seems to lose signal in the Summer, I'd have thought it would be at its best then and lose it in cloudy rainy weather. I suspect the windscreen has a coating that blocks GPS signals.

If it is obviously wrong on the map I stick the puck on the roof for a few minutes, until that "menu" > "show position information" on the map screen shows co-ordinates.

The connector is called a FAKRA C, they fit the Bosch unit, as used by VW, Skoda, Nissan, Suzuki, Ford & Vauxhall.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I levered up the flat top of the dash, under the windscreen- I can't remember, but I think the white A pillar covers have to come off first.
Then I could get to the back of the connect and remove the original, then plugged in the new one- I think, but I might have taken the screws out from the panel to remove the brackets and pulled it forwards...

I fed the lead to the puck along the dash under the top, and out the side by the door, then I have a loop of wire hanging down to give enough slack to put it on the roof through the window. Doesn't look elegant, but it works.

It seems to lose signal in the Summer, I'd have thought it would be at its best then and lose it in cloudy rainy weather. I suspect the windscreen has a coating that blocks GPS signals.

If it is obviously wrong on the map I stick the puck on the roof for a few minutes, until that "menu" > "show position information" on the map screen shows co-ordinates.

The connector is called a FAKRA C, they fit the Bosch unit, as used by VW, Skoda, Nissan, Suzuki, Ford & Vauxhall.
Thanks for your help, got one off Amazon for just under £9, fitted in about 15 mins.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Thanks for your help, got one off Amazon for just under £9, fitted in about 15 mins.
Does it get a GPS fix now?

I find when mine gets lost, a few minutes with the puck on the roof and it gets a lock, then I can bring the puck back inside for a couple of weeks.

The warm weather may be causing the unit to overheat and give a lack of sensitivity at the receiver part of the connect, and the extra signal from outside the car is enough to get it working.

Bosch do a fixed price repair on the LCN/connect, but due to Covid, they only offer this to a dealer now. IIRR, it was about £175

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does it get a GPS fix now?

I find when mine gets lost, a few minutes with the puck on the roof and it gets a lock, then I can bring the puck back inside for a couple of weeks.

The warm weather may be causing the unit to overheat and give a lack of sensitivity at the receiver part of the connect, and the extra signal from outside the car is enough to get it working.

Bosch do a fixed price repair on the LCN/connect, but due to Covid, they only offer this to a dealer now. IIRR, it was about £175
I fed my cable along the back on the radio unit, managed to fit it under the dashboard join, above the speed. Fed it up to the door pillar, behind the door rubber up to the roof lining. I pushed the access cable under the roof lining and stuck the GPS sensor behind the driving mirror with a number plate sticker. It has worked fine with no problems at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts