Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am looking after my elderly Uncle's affairs as sadly he has had to go into care as he has developed Alzheimers. His car hasn't moved in 10 months and recently we decide it was time to make a decision on what to do with the car. We tried to start it but the battery was dead, we replaced the battery and tried again. It appears that the immobiliser is preventing the car from starting. We had an guy come out to check that the transponders in the key were working and he is adamant that they are working fine.

So question is, has this happened to anyone else ? and what was the solution please?

Many thanks for any assistance you can give. Kind regards
Shaun

·
Super Moderator
1,918 Posts
Petrol, Diesel, manual or automatic.?

Does it turn over.

//

·
Registered
821 Posts
Even if the transponder in the key is working it could be that the battery does not have enough power. Try replacing it with a new one and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Shaun, 1st things first. Is the replacement battery fully charged and able to turn the engine over at a fast pace ? Have you tried the spare key ? Let us know how you get on,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even if the transponder in the key is working it could be that the battery does not have enough power. Try replacing it with a new one and see if it makes a difference.
New battery already fitted, no difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Shaun, 1st things first. Is the replacement battery fully charged and able to turn the engine over at a fast pace ? Have you tried the spare key ? Let us know how you get on,
Yes the replacement battery is fully charged, we are working off the spare key because my uncle had the original key with him in the care home but it has gone missing. The car key guy who came out said that the spare key is definitely working, it is a different fault but he can't diagnose it as he 'only does keys, not electrics' lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Electrics completely cut out when I was reversing my 2007 Note into my parking spot - no dash lights nothing. Called out my garage man Nick and he found out the problem quickly. The lead coming off the positive of the battery has some type of fuse block which is covered but water had managed to get in there and had become corroded. He was able to carry out a repair by cleaning it up and soldering. I don't use the car very much these days and its out in all weather's, so possibly its the cause.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts