Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a simplified list of whats covered in the 3 yr warranty?...I'm always at a loss trying to figure whats in and whats out.

I bought my car new in Sept 2009 (Accenta 1.4) so it's coming up to 3yrs old shortly, I have approx 24k miles on it and it has had not been used or abused, but reading on these forums "there may be troubles ahead"...lol...

To be honest, I have lost faith in my dealership, I was interested in changing to a Juke but the experience has totally disappointed me, so I'm going to hold onto the note in the meantime, but problems have reared their head in the last month or so...hence my query about warranty.

Water has appeared in front passenger well, appears to be dripping down from behind dash/centre console...air con problem, windscreen seal?...covered in 3 yr warranty?

Creaking noise going over speed bumps...although it seems to have rectified itself somehow.

Pitting and bubbling on alloys...covered in 3yr warranty?

Low frequency "squeal" (not the normal hi pitch fanbelt squeal) which has disappeared now the dry ...lol...weather has come ... I notice reading the forums there is a "pully replacement" solution, but again, if its not squeaking now, how do I explain to the dealership?

It would be great if there was a simple mans 3 yr warranty list at least then I could identify all my problems (strange how most appear coming up on 3 years) so when I go for my service I can say (probably supply a written list) can you sort these as well.

Is it a good idea to supply a written list?...If the problem appears to have been sorted within the 3 yrs, but appears again after the 3yrs, is it fair to assume it wasn't sorted properly? hence keeping a copy of the repairs requested.

bit long winded I know...but you can probably see why a simplified "what's covered" in the 3 yr warranty list would suit someone like me....lol....

thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Simplified:

If it has worn out or you damaged it: not covered
If it broke because it wasn't made properly: covered.

The alloys are covered.
The water leak should be covered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts