Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first time poster here... thinking to purchase 16" Nismo rims to replace the standard 15s on our E12 and wonder what effect doing so will have, if any...?
Comments and advice welcome.

Thanx!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hi Krise, you can fit 16" one's because due to the lower tyre profile, the overall diameter will be similar to the 15's.
In the UK 16" low profile tyres are generally more expensive but not drastically. You may find them slightly stiffer with good road holding. 16's look a bit more modern and sportier.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The ride will be much worse on the thinner sidewalls. I'd quite like 13" wheels on mine with nice tall flexible sidewalls to absorb some of the bumps from the pot-holed rutted cart tracks that pass as "main roads" :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Krise, you can fit 16" one's because due to the lower tyre profile, the overall diameter will be similar to the 15's.
In the UK 16" low profile tyres are generally more expensive but not drastically. You may find them slightly stiffer with good road holding. 16's look a bit more modern and sportier.
Thanks! Appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ride will be much worse on the thinner sidewalls. I'd quite like 13" wheels on mine with nice tall flexible sidewalls to absorb some of the bumps from the pot-holed rutted cart tracks that pass as "main roads" :)
Cheers! Luckily the roads over here in Japan aren’t as bad as the ones I left behind 😎

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hopefully the OP will experience better roads in Japan. 13" wheels lol.. I had them on the old mini's fitted with cross plys (the dark ages) Best thing i ever did on the mini was change to 5J wheels.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Cheers! Luckily the roads over here in Japan aren’t as bad as the ones I left behind 😎
Ah! hadn't spotted that you were in a country with proper smooth roads :)

Round here you need an off-roader to get to the shops, preferably with air suspension. Even my push-bike has to have air suspension........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts