Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 plate Tekna this morning suddenly decided to let a load of water in through the high middle brake light in the back windscreen and cover the parcel shelf! The car stinks a bit now and when I got back in it at the end of the day the front windscreen was absolutely soaked with water on the inside! Which I assume has been caused from the damp water and leak in the car?

What part do I need to fix the rear leak?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hi there.
You need a new sealing gasket for the high level brake light,cost is astronomical as it's now a dealer only part if you can find one.It's foam rubber with double sided sticky on it, price around £18.
Go to top right of any forum page and type " high level brake light leak" into the custom search and you will get plenty of hits on the subject.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Hold on, are you sure it's a 2014 (new shape)?

The 2014 Note high level rear light is inside the rear window.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I’m sure definitely sure it’s the new shape and yes it is inside the window but when you pop the brake light out it’s got loads of holes in the tail gate so the water is coming through somehow

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Then its not the gasket mentioned that you need as this only applies to the old shape Note.

You need to get the panel alignment checked (has it ever been in a rear-end shunt) or has the whole sealing gasket around the tailgate started to perish (not uncommon)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm my tail gate washer is not working either, could this be causing the leak? Is there no Haynes manual?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Could be that the wash is 'dumping' intio the tailgate due to a disconnected pipe (common) or a blockage.

No Haynes manual until at least 2023 as the E12 Note sold in such poor numbers for such a limited time that Haynes have applied the 'seven year rule'. No manual until seven years after the last onewas sold.

·
Registered
698 Posts
You can obtain the official Nissan workshop manual on sale at ebay as a download for the later E12.
I copied mine onto a disc for back up...
It's comprehensive and cheap. I only paid £2.75 if i remember rightly from one year ago.
Edit, just checked and it's still for sale from 'cookeb2012'
Leaks to inside from the rear screen washer are not unheard of.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi Jymmer,
Make a copy or three of your disc and start selling to all E12 members. £2.00 plus 2nd class postage :wink:.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right yep it is a disconnected pipe for the screen wash, cannot get anything in the gap though to reconnected it! The pipe that is has come off of it right at the back! Grrr

·
Registered
698 Posts
It's pesky working around there but at least you know what's causing the leak.
The excess moisture is horrid when all the interior windows are wet or even froze up.

·
Registered
651 Posts
If you know a nurse or someone who works at a hospital or even a vets, ask them if they can get you a pair of long nosed locking forceps,or standard forceps. They get into all sorts of tight spots with them. Or you could buy a pair but they aint cheap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it is a mare to reach! I've only had this Note since April this year (my 3rd Note) so it's still under warranty, let the dealership sort it out!

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
When I had my Note, and during the colder months, every couple of months I used to get one of them 2Kw floor heaters, drop the back seats down, place a bit of hardboard down on the boot floor (so the boot carpet didn't get too hot) drop the two front windows down about 12 mm ( to let out the moist air). Put the heater on the hardboard and turn on full blast (2Kw) and leave it in the car with all doors shut for a good 2/3 hours. Never had any problems with steamed up windows first thing in the morning. OK it does get really warm in the car, but it drives out the damp.
I've now got a dehumidifier for indoors, I wonder if that would do the same thing for you?
In years past, this was a most talked about subject, the Note was never a good motor for a moisture free screen first thing in the morning.
As for the wet rear door, take off the rear door card and with the rear door open, get a hair dryer and give the whole rear door a good drying out, remember though when you have the rear door open, if there's any water in there it will drop to the lowest point, in which case it will be the top of the door.
You won't get all of the damp with just a rag or towel, a hair dryer is the answer, you will be able to get into all the nooks and crannies that a towel cannot..

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
You purchased your copy from ebay.
Are you 100% sure your copy is not a counterfeit? As ebay don't have the best record for selling original products !!

It's not as though your selling counterfeit electrical goods that could kill people.

Have you not done anything in your life that could have been deemed dodgy? You know what they say about "people in glass houses"?

Sell enough copies, and you can get rid of your Note and get a more upmarket car :wink:.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Sorry "Jymmer"
Sorry my mistake, I thought it was "Jymmer" who had posted that remark, about counterfeiting, as he had purchased the information from Ebay in the first place

If people cannot be bothered to look for things or items themselves, but rely on others to do the running around for them, why not lighten their pockets of a couple of quid for your time?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't want the bovver to be honest.. I would be hassled by geezers saying "i can't open the download" and "my disc didn't arrive" etc etc.
Also anyone who is competent enough to do their own maintenance should be quite capable of sourcing themselves a manual.
Quick ebay search and bingo.
The guy i purchased mine from has a legal statement in his ad stating 'sharing of information only' and makes little profit at £2.75.
I will occasionally look up details in my version and advise members if i think it is of real help to them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts