Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

All expert help appreciated...

...my wife owns the above which we've owned for around 3 months(she loves it but constantly says she needs a 6th gear!). She returned from a short journey on Saturday saying that the EML had come on so today I finally got around to getting my 'bog standard' OBD scanner on it and was presented with the following error codes:-

P1496 - 5v supply voltage low
P1484 - Cooling fan RPM signal failure
P1490 - Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass
P0102 - MAF or VAF low input
P0107 - MAP sensor low voltage
P0113 - Intake air temperature circuit high

Obviously I was quite surprised to see so many and wondered if people had any ideas/experience on these codes and what might connect them - voltage does seem to be a thread running through some/most. About three weeks ago the start/stop system stopped working and I was in the process of sourcing a new battery to hopefully fix this so not sure if this has any bearing on these codes?

Any enlightenment would be very warmly appreciated. (y)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hi Jon, welcome to the forum. I'd agree with the sixth gear comment..
The E12's could all do with that, but then again when the diesel can do near 70 mpg I guess it wasn't deemed necessary! (I'd venture to wonder if it could do 80 mpg with the bigger box)
Anyways, back to the main issue. Buy a new AGM battery mate.
They are all but shot at 5 or 6 years old and it wouldn't surprise me if that one change would improve your meter readings.
I changed mine at 5 years and it has an efficient stop start restored. Bearing in mind of course that it doesn't work whilst warming up, or at times when the battery is in extra heavy demand i.e when night driving with fog lights, full blast heater blower etc.
Either way, it is the logical first item to replace in view of your car's symptoms :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jon, welcome to the forum. I'd agree with the sixth gear comment..
The E12's could all do with that, but then again when the diesel can do near 70 mpg I guess it wasn't deemed necessary! (I'd venture to wonder if it could do 80 mpg with the bigger box)
Anyways, back to the main issue. Buy a new AGM battery mate.
They are all but shot at 5 or 6 years old and it wouldn't surprise me if that one change would improve your meter readings.
I changed mine at 5 years and it has an efficient stop start restored. Bearing in mind of course that it doesn't work whilst warming up, or at times when the battery is in extra heavy demand i.e when night driving with fog lights, full blast heater blower etc.
Either way, it is the logical first item to replace in view of your car's symptoms :)
Jymmer - thank you for the warm welcome - it is appreciated.

I agree that the MPG is amazing compared to my wifes last car(Suzuki SX4) so she shouldn't moan too much about not having a sixth gear!

Thanks so much for the advice and I'll get an AGM battery tomorrow and see how things go from there - I'll give it a couple of days and report back.

Top advice so thanks again. (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts