Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Thank you for letting me join the forum and I apologise this is a first post asking for help but thought this would be the best place to start.

I have a 2014 Nissan Note that has developed a very odd fault which i'll try to explain.

What happens is randomly the head unit will loose its volume, the rotary knob / steering controls all work but there is no sound. At the same time the climate control / heater fan stops working too again, the display is fine and you can lower / raise the speed but there is nothing.

Both displays work fine, the radio never blanks out neither does the climate control but it requires a restart to clear the issue.

You can turn the car on / off 20 times without it happening but then you'll go to it and voila it happens.

I can't work out the link between the two, there are posts online for heater fans not working and radio's not working but these two being linked makes me think there is something else at play here.

Its a 2014 note with the Nissan Connect 2 headunit (no camera but sav nav)

Any help is massively appreciated,

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Check the key / ignition barrel position I found that mine sometimes used to stick after starting the vehicle and not dropping back to the normal position causing a similar issue a long process of slowly lubricating the barrel with a proper lock lubricant has corrected the problem
Hope it helps you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts