Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was out driving and I went over quite a big bit of plastic bag .So when I arrive at my destination I thought I better check the plastic as I didn’t see it come out. Anyway couldn’t see any plastic but what I did see was a black small tube just hanging down I’m not sure if it’s suppose to be there or not can anyone advise me please car running great no problems but I’m now worrying. See picture it’s actually right underneath the engine ,it’s also the same as the other tube as one part and runs into the engine as you can see from picture it has a hole in the end . Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hiya so is it supposed to be hanging down to just drain out or should it be connected to something . Thank you for the reply
Its only a drain. That is why you get a wet patch under the car after using the A/C.

Thia all assumes your car has working A/C of course.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya yeah works fine I don’t really use the air conditioning that much so haven’t noticed any water patch on the floor. I just saw it hanging down when looking under and panicked like us women do.Thats out my mine at ease many thanks .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it bad if I don’t use air con unless the car is hot inside .I usually just turn on heaters if it gets steamy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
We don't use ours 365 days a year. It gets plenty of use in the summer months but during the winter we run it for at least 1/2 an hour every couple of weeks.

Done that now since 1999 when we got our first car with aircon and only one failure and that was the fault of a stone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts