Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Have recently had air con regased and have noticed I now have a wet patch in the front passenger footwell. I have observed water dripping down onto the carpet at the bottom of the center console. Anyone any idea where the water discharge pipe should be as am unable to find it in the ESM I have.

My previous accenta you could see it run into the engine compartment and this one am not seeing it.

Thankyou for your help in advance John.

·
Super Moderator
1,918 Posts
Go to search, you will find your answer. There are plenty of posts regarding this.(y):D

·
Registered
823 Posts
Try this link m8, hopefully it tells you what you need to know --

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
And I can report that my front carpets have stayed dry for the last 2 years without the aircon :)

The water collects in the depression beneath the seats and stinks like a swamp- be careful!

It does come out on the drivers side a little, I suppose it depends on the number of left versus right turns you make.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try this link m8, hopefully it tells you what you need to know --
Thankyou for the link I was searching for the wrong key words.

The last comment on that thread seems to suggest that the pipe somehow disconnects and I was looking for photos of what I need to look for. I have never had the center console apart much apart from replacing radios.

Thankyou for your help with this John.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I think the pipe is like a funnel sticking out of the floor on the drivers side of the lower console, and the heater box has a spigot that engages it. - but I couldn't see it, and never had the patience to dismantle all the lower console, but I did get the sides off and it was no help..

I reckon the heater unit slips down in its mountings so the water doesn't run the correct way to get to the drain spigot.

Fortunately, my aircon wore out 2 years ago so I no longer have a problem, except I can't see out of the windscreen when it is raining, but I solved that with a microfibre squegee on a stick that Lidle sell every now and then.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the pipe is like a funnel sticking out of the floor on the drivers side of the lower console, and the heater box has a spigot that engages it. - but I couldn't see it, and never had the patience to dismantle all the lower console, but I did get the sides off and it was no help..

I reckon the heater unit slips down in its mountings so the water doesn't run the correct way to get to the drain spigot.

Fortunately, my aircon wore out 2 years ago so I no longer have a problem, except I can't see out of the windscreen when it is raining, but I solved that with a microfibre squegee on a stick that Lidle sell every now and then.
Mnl, I think your probably right there. Looking at the esm it seems to push in but the diagram isn't very clear. Item 35 seems to be what your referenncing to.

Screenshot_20200810-205535.png

I was hoping for some good photos but seems out of luck. Seems like most photos that were posted are now missing links.

Also the esm doesn't seem to show the same auto climate controls my note has. Mine are the dials with turn knobs and buttons in the middle.

Not sure what changed but my esm doesn't always seem to reflect what is on my car

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
AFAIK, there have never been any photos of the pipe inside the car. I think I posted one of where the water comes from, on the passenger side where I jammed the paper towel to soak it up.

If there had been photos of exactly what to attack, and how to get to it, I wouldn't have given up whilst the air-con was still working, but I couldn't see anything fixable without stripping the entire car down to get the heater out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts