Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

2011 Note - Key fob not working after battery change

Tags
fob key locking
4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  manasdatta 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, newbie here. I've been trawling the threads for a suitable solution but couldn't find a solution. So here goes:

My Note key fob stopped working. Turns out it was a dead battery. Got the battery replaced at Timpson. The guy checked it on a little device to show that the key was transmitting. But now, when I press the key, it just doesn't work. No locking, unlocking, nothing. Well, almost. On some odd occasion, it works, but 9 times out of 10, it doesn't work, and I'm unsure what is at play. I cannot see a pattern. If it was a sync issue of some sort, it would just never work, right?

Should I get the spare key out and change the battery in that as well and see if it works? The locking mechanism definitely works because I can use the internal lock/unlock button and the car locks/unlocks reliably. Owners manual doesn't say anything either.

Any suggestions, anyone? Thank you in advance. Lots of sync videos on Youtube for Nissans, but most are for US models and not for this specific Note anyway.

#2 ·
The videos you mention are mostly for the US market but if you see one that is labelled as "Versa" then that is the US version of the note so any info in a video with that title may help.
I never had the issue you have and i no longer own a note so sadly i cannot advise any further.
Hope you get it sorted though as it can be rather frustrating.

#4 ·
I'll keep the thread updated, but it looks like it might be due to a worn key or the trigger that is stuck or worn as well. I used the spare key, and also got a locksmith to reprogram the keys. The fact that the key is sticky as well is a bit of a sign. I'll see if I can get some updates this week or the next. Seems like a not-so-uncommon problem with old Nissans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.