Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm searching for performance parts, to make it handle a bit better and more power but I'm not finding anything..... Could some one helps me please ?
Thx

·
Super Moderator
1,804 Posts
What's the mileage of your engine, before you add more power. Have you had it dyno tested to see how much HP is lost, over the last 11 years.

Upgraded brakes, suspension and dampers, poly bush replacements are available.

More engine cooling for oil and water maybe required. More power, more heat.!!. A more free flowing exhaust and manifold would give more power and torque, on it's own.

Add to that your power upgrade/s, seems a wallet busting project, for an 11 year old car.

There's very little out there for a Note......more likely Japan is the place to look.

Buy a younger 1600, with lower mileage.:wink::smile:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I'm searching for performance parts, to make it handle a bit better and more power but I'm not finding anything..... Could some one helps me please ?
Thx

Virtually nothing in the UK as the Note was never seen as much more than a 'small family shopper'.

There was a strong modding scene in Japan using Nismo parts but they are probitively expensive to import.

·
Super Moderator
1,804 Posts
No such thing as easy Mods, especialy for more power. 1400cc will never giive you a power upgrade on the cheap. Cheap equals Easy.

10 to 15 hp is realistic, but will it be worth it. I doubt you'll know the differnce when you drive. You could have the head gasflowed, which is porting and polishing. Add to that a new set of gaskets, and a really good engine service. This usualy will give extra power and torque, and at the same time, remove any carbon deposits from the cylinder head.

This could cost you up to €400 to €700, depending on who does it. It's not a job for an amatuer.

This link will give you a rough idea of the process, of porting and polishing.

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I founded a very performance filter, the make is sprintfilter , it’s not like the cotton-oiled filters like bmc or sparco, its a completely new format, created with new materials and methods.
After installed you may gain from 1 to 4 hp, add an handcrafted downpipe, a last silencer box, maybe a 200 cells catalyzer, the intake hoose removal with a new straight hoose with a trumpet on the top of it (venturi effect) obviously it looks straight forward to keep the maximum overpression from the speed, finally a personal remap, i think you may aspire to 100hp basically maintening all original.
I’m making a similar project, i’ll create soon a post !!
(Excuse my poor languages skills)

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Don't waste your money, it'll cost more to upgrade than to purchase a far better motor.
Look through some of the posts, people have put lower springs for better handling and as you can see from this post you can get bracing struts, but what for, it's a 2008 1.4cc Nissan Note at the end of the day, with just over half of the BHP it came off the production line with, a good old fashioned shopping, run around.
All that sodding around to achieve 100 HP if your lucky.
Who are you trying to impress??

·
Registered
102 Posts
I founded a very performance filter, the make is sprintfilter , it’s not like the cotton-oiled filters like bmc or sparco, its a completely new format, created with new materials and methods.
After installed you may gain from 1 to 4 hp,
WOW, we should all have one fitted. 1 bhp at the top end of the rev band will really make a huge difference to my driving experience.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
All that power, it'll be like adding a London to Brighton vintage car engine to the 1.4 :grin:.
A better bet is to overhaul the brakes, one of the front callipers could be seized and rubbing hard on the disc, and the rear brake shoes could be binding.
Clear out all the [email protected] out of the boot, but keep the spare wheel, you'll never know when you might need it?
Have you treated the engine to a bottle of redex, that will help clean out the engine, mind you it could clean out too much carbon, that at the moment helping to keep the compression up.
Have you put a compression tester on all 4 pots and see if they are up to scratch?
How much wear is in the bores, checked the gap in your piston rings? Fitting a more breathable filter, and throwing on a better free flowing exhaust system is not your first priority.

·
Registered
698 Posts
There was an old morris minor i saw years ago, with the 1 litre engine removed and a Rover 3.5 V8 fitted. That went well providing the driver could keep it on the ground.
With all the other ancillaries required to make it balanced it was no way worth it.
But i guess some drivers can't help the urge to have a dabble.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts