Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
been advised to post here rather than where I did

I need to change the NSF headlight and have been told it's a couple of bolts, connectors and motor for beam adjustment elsewhere on here. OK with that but is the front grill just retained by studs? Main part is I notice on the replacement headlamp on the Right Hand Side of the surround there is what apears to be a bolt hole with a shiny metal clip (not threaded spire clip type of thing but just a hole) which I would guess needs to locate inside the front bumper. It may just locate over a lug and not involve bumper removal
does anyone know for sure? has anyone done a headlight change?
To cold to do it till it warms up a bit brrrrrr MOT isn't till March so I have a bit of lee way.

I was looking at the damp seat business, I don't get that but I do get a lot of condensation inside, maybe a small de-humidifyer (crystal type might help). Must try the air con on demisting as well as it takes an age at the moment!

Have a good day and my Note is transformed with new Uniroyal tyres on the back ( don't have to heat the slicks up to grip any more)!

Regards to all
John

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi john, aircon will demist much faster than without on hot, that's why it comes on automatically when the controls are set at fan on and air flow to windscreen (red symbol). The headlamp has three mounting bolts, top rear, front below indicator position and at the side low down. I haven't removed mine as yet and I'm not sure if there's an easy cheat but if you can locate the bolts you may be able to see if it's possible without removing the bumper, may only need to loosen the mounts for it in the region of the headlamp.

regards

dave s

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, if thats the case need to find out how to loosen the bumber, sounds like inner wing dirt shield and so it goes on.... I'll investigate.

Best regards
John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as a note (sorry) my air con doesn't come on automatically in this position only if I push the button. I presume it's because it's an early one. Air con is fine and even paid for a recharge by the main dealer last service (advised as a good idea (money spinner) at 50K + to keep in top order, I was just off to France and would use air con anyway so I did. I don't have a red symbol as such more an orange zone from Middday to 6 pm or a blue one anticlockwise Midday to 6 am (if you get my gist).When I collected after purchase the sales guy said something about putting the air con on to demist but again he told me road tax was £10 or so..... £110 it turned out to be so I guess he wasn't too hot on them. Think the road tax and automatic demist air con is perhaps something that came in shortly after the launch rather than at launch (just guessing). As a matter of interest mine is a non-turbo model SE DCi common rail diesel, have they changed to turbo diesel (as the engine in the Renault Kangoo)? Maybe thats lower emmissions and £10
road fund licence!

Thanks again
John

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi John, the red symbols are on the air direction controls(lhnd) as opposed to the hot/cold (rhnd).
It is a good idea to have the aircon checked as the stuff it's filled with also has the lube oil for the pump. I'm not to clued up on the diesel because as soon as knew it was a renault with cambelts, I changed direction pronto, there was a higher output diesel around for awhile, that may have been turboed! There are plenty of diesel people on here who will know what variants are/were available, I'm sure they will inform you.

regards

dave s

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, I have removed both headlamps from my Note and it isn't possible to remove/replace them without taking the bumper off. You will also need to remove/unclip the front part of the plastic wing protector - enough to get at the bolt that is there at the top. I have also found that the bottom front bolt that is under the bumper gets rusty and needs careful handling.

·
Registered
245 Posts
OMG...it seems for a facelift NOTE changing bulbs is a awful job, easy on pre-facelift...

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
bulbs are easy on the facelift if you know how ;)
headlamps are a pita to change

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
you will see PITA used on medical record cards to denote a difficult patient, especially in dental practitioners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
John_DCi said:
Hi
been advised to post here rather than where I did

I need to change the NSF headlight and have been told it's a couple of bolts, connectors and motor for beam adjustment elsewhere on here. OK with that but is the front grill just retained by studs? Main part is I notice on the replacement headlamp on the Right Hand Side of the surround there is what apears to be a bolt hole with a shiny metal clip (not threaded spire clip type of thing but just a hole) which I would guess needs to locate inside the front bumper. It may just locate over a lug and not involve bumper removal
does anyone know for sure? has anyone done a headlight change?
To cold to do it till it warms up a bit brrrrrr MOT isn't till March so I have a bit of lee way.

I was looking at the damp seat business, I don't get that but I do get a lot of condensation inside, maybe a small de-humidifyer (crystal type might help). Must try the air con on demisting as well as it takes an age at the moment!

Have a good day and my Note is transformed with new Uniroyal tyres on the back ( don't have to heat the slicks up to grip any more)!

Regards to all
John
Hi mate, try to check this out nissan hids, hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts