Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have to change my NS headlight, stone damage and now I have cracks!
As the MOT is March I am going to change it.
I have a replacement, has anyone done one before?
Any tips or guidance would be helpfull.

Fancy a Note forum..... I'm impressed

Nice to meet you all
Newbie John

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Welcome to the site John! If you post this in the technical section I'm sure one of our members will have the necessary knowhow to guide you through it. Me? I'm just a dumb animal...

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its a few bolts and 3 plugs iirc your also need to remove the leveling motor and put it in you new lamp

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, thanks for that, I'm not that new to Notes, had mine a couple of years next month, 70K miles so far in it but it's going well. Use it for work and annual trips to South of France and has done ok so far. Actually just booked the ferry again tonight for this August. Cam belt at 50K and did the disks on the front myself as well as sort out the rear wiring. getting a little old for crawling round in the mud under it but thankfully haven't had to do that much.
Complaints.... not sure about high speed cornering in it round our Cotswold roads, just roles a little more than I like but I do mean tight bends and I do mean 60mph

Boot Space... Had a berlingo Multispace before and it's a bit of a shock having so little.

Plus 58 - 65 mpg.... yes!!!!!! and I get 40p a mile expences YES!!! I can put up with the boot space :) Have to say it's been a good little runner and still is. Never let me down! This Saturday new tyres on the back, first ones from new so 70K isn't bad. had two sets of front ones, the ones I bought it with were straight line dry tyres, try and go round a corner in the wet (well it tried not to) so they went and replacements were magic (and £110 for 2)
Doesn't use any oil and generally a good car !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi
Mine was the facelift (04) model with the aero roof or whatever. Pockets and cubby holes everywhere and big boot. 1.9 diesel without the turbo as per the HDi so tried and tested engine. Was pretty good really but started to get play in the gearbox (not the rods) and usually indicator / light stalk iffy bits. I hired a new Renault Kangoo 18 months ago when I flew to France, very much a Multispace with the same engine as my Note so I would certainly look at one of those end of this year. But looking at the way they are screwing everyone with new MOT regs (why does a steering lock have to work???) who knows, maybe it's to boost industry forcing everyone to buy new!
Ah well back to work for a bit longer

nice to hear from you
John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts