Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would anyone have some idea pleaseon how to remove the dash, i am currently fitting a speed warning device and dont want to break anything....all info will be gratefully received!! thankyou all!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you dont need to take the whole dash out for that, remove the stereo surrround 2 screws in the top cubby and2 underneath (above the heater dials) behind a plastic trim
If you want even more space remove the glove box 2 screws at the bottom and 3 at the top

If that isnt enough for you, remove the pillar trims and then you can remove the front section of the dash top

have a look in the how to section of the site

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks flash....no screws in the top cubby hole!!
in fact i have only found screws in the steeriung column covers, i need to access the speed sensor wire to connect to an over speed alarm, i was going to look for it but i guess an electrical drawing would be helpful too,

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
open the top cubby and remove the rubber mat there under that

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc theres a speed sensor wire in the loom for the stereo, be carefull of what you tap into due to the can hi and can low bus line
make a few more decent posts and i will send you a link to the manual !!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have posted a pic of the cubby hole, this vehicle is originally from japan! 2005 model? maybe you can help....

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
not sure on the biege interior, ah yes its an early car the radio comes out the front, if you shine a torch in the hole there should be some screws, yep its a jdm spec car

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JDM? lol sorry for ignorance!! ok so stereo out first ....lol awesome thanks for the help! i will proceed with the up most cautiuon

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Japanese cars made for japan are known as JDM - Japanese Domestic Market, due to tax reasons in japan its cheaper to buy new cars after 3 years, japan then sells/ships there cars all over the world aus and nz get quite a few (to replace all them modernbritish cars we sent over in the 60-70's lol)
impul use to do loads of stuff for the note but are now focused on the new note

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have a speed warning device...Mrs Elephant screams in my ear ((((((((((((((((((((((((oo) SLOW DOWN! MIND THAT CAR! WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE! AARRGGHHHHHHH!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think we all have one of those speed warning devices, it also has a complementary "i told you so" alarm that goes off with a speeding ticket.....hehehehe
"oh i am going straight to hell for that one"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.