Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a 2 day trip down to Cardiff to get some mileage under the belt of our March 1st 2012 N-tec + [1.4 petrol ] - did 548 miles and just worked out that sitting at 3000 rpm where possible on motorways and a bit of town driving we managed 53.1 mpg.Any way car is booked into a Nissan dealer for its first service - bit confused as servicing cost was quoted at higher than advertised prices - for some strange reason servicing a car over 3 years old is cheaper than a less than 3 yr old car.
The Connect system also told us this morning a new map was available and to contact a Nissan agent. £145 seems a tad expensive, but as we're taking the car across to europe (Crete ) in September would rather have the latest map on board.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

Save your money. You have a recent map and even if you upgrade it will not cover recent road changes. If driving in France remember to switch off speed camera warnings as there are very hefty fines for this.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Nissan want to stop you going to an independent (normally much cheaper) after three years.

They assume that you will not go elsewhere during the warranty period, although you have every right so to do AND retain the warranty, most people don't bother.

If you have a couple of dealers, ask them both for prices. They want their workshops busy and will sometimes discount the 'book' price.

I doubt the roads on Crete will have changed that much since the 2011/12 SD card, save your money.

From 2011 the speed camera warnings for France have been deleted, but double check as the fine is ‚¬1000 and collected in CASH!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm not worried about Crete roads, but recent experience with a similar period Tomtom map in the Picasso showed quite a few errors whilst driving from France down to Venice using non toll routes.I tend to err on the 'better safe than sorry', so will go with the new SD Card-especially as there were a couple of errors on the trp to cardiff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts