Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Group Members,

I recently bought a Note under an office scheme and took the 1.5 diesel in hope of getting good mileage.

Most test reports and reviews that I read online say that the note has a full tank range of approx 680 miles. (tank capacty 46 liters).

Its been a little over two months now and I have never been able to get more than 500 miles. I understand mileages are in test conditions and real-life situations can never match them, however this seems to be a bit low. I fill up around 40 liters each time and have never done a real full tank range, but I doubt it would come close to 600

Really curious to know if other owners have similar ranges or I should get my car checked. i have driven a total of 2300 miles so far

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
When I had my diesel Note from new, it wasn't doing the mpg suggested. But after the corners were knocked off the engine etc.(run in), the mpg went up. At around 8-9000 miles on the clock, it seemed to settle.I can get around 63 if I drive really carefully, and a light right foot. I've never achieved better than this. (I did try an economy run).
I'm happy with 55 - 58 mpg. which I get quite easily. If you drove a petrol before aquiring a diesel, you need to alter your driving style to suit the diesel.
Less revs, are the order of the day......and I tend to change gear before I hit 2300 rpm, unless I'm in a hurry.
I also go from 2nd to 4th, or 3rd to 5th....when the driving conditions allow. I've even gone from 2nd to 5th on a quite few occasions, when the road allows.
Also, if you're just poodling about locally, don't fill your tank up, but don't run it too low. More fuel equals more weight, and the engine has to pull that.

But, I'm a tight wad with size 11 feet......so it's hard for me.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
95 Posts
My note (diesel) gets about 55 mpg, but I dont have the lightest foot ever. Have tried an economy run from huddersfield to coventry and got about 65 mpg, the max i got was 70, but that wasnt for very long :(. The mpg also increased after i put a different air filter on (cone) no idea why, as if anything i rev the nuts off it. before the change i got about 50 mpg. where you got this 600 miles in the tank from is beyond me, i dont think i have ever got more than about 450 max.

P.S. my note is a 56, so a little bit older :p
Edited by: Aidsy1

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
I don't take notice of the dash readout, I topped the fuel tank, did the mileage and topped the tank again. Then out came the calculator.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Boysie said:
Then out came the calculator.
I use http://www.fuelly.com for the bike and will when I get a Note.

For comparison my 1.6d Fusion does about 500m between fills - 40 odd litres - and on motorway runs at a steady 60 ish it will touch an indicated 70mpg and low 60s running about. I'm pretty light footed because the more mpg I get the more profit I make on my mileage allowance

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got diesel 61 plate took it down to south france @ steady 70mph ( cruise control ) average 73.8 mph very happy round town at home 56.4 mpg so still happy
I

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,
Sorry for my ignorance.
What is the easiest way of calculating a car mileage ?
I own 2009 Note automatic-petrol-how much is meant to give?
I mainly do motorway driving
Cheers,
Niki

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Aidsy,

I know your post is from last yea but i too have a 1.5 dci 56 reg and was wondering what one filter you fitted?

Its strange that it increased MPG but would be something i'd like to try,

Thanks,

Matt

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
MattyBoy said:
Hi Aidsy,

I know your post is from last yea but i too have a 1.5 dci 56 reg and was wondering what one filter you fitted?

Its strange that it increased MPG but would be something i'd like to try,

Thanks,

Matt

I would guess a K&N filter replacement. Too much faffing about cleaning it, and reconditioning with the appropriate oil in my opinion. But each to there own.

1 minute to replace original filter, and job done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts