Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets try that again, stupid fat fingers!!!

I'm a new owner of an Apr 08 1.4 Acenta.

My question is should the steering wheel controls light up when the lights are on?

Chaars

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the general consensus is they don't then.

The reasons I asked as a new owner was that I had a 61 Plate N-Tec 1.5dci as a courtesy car and that did.

My next question is could I buy a second hand sat nav head unit out of another Note and fit it into mine as a straight swap?

·
Registered
245 Posts
It seems Nissan thought I would be a good idea to include a Light on the steering controls, maybe they got loads of complaints about it? So why not put the light on the face lift 09 models onwards!

I suspect that you could buy a sat nav unit and replace it, as long as the space fits it?Edited by: jerry3167

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
yes you can add a connect system but it requires a patch lead if your swapping from the ols style 6cd unit , also you will need a usb lead and port and a gps aerial , if you buy a second hand connect they usually come with gps aerial

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does anyone have a light that illuminates the ign. keyhole? I have real difficulty finding mine in the dark as the interior light doesn't shine there. (Another DF, as far as I'm concerned.) I thought of fitting a l.e.d. but was warned that the monitoring systems on modern cars are very sensitive. (Perhaps they need some E45 on them.) Any advice, folks?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you can retro fit the connect it depends on what plugs you have in your car
i have fitted 6 connects now and made up 20 plus leads and have the correct aerial adapters for the connect

I have all the info on the retro fit inc pinouts and leads/plugs suitable for the fit, the plugs on there own are hard to souce unless you need 1000 of them at a time

post up or pm me if you need any more help

ps. 59 tekna and the controls light up orangeFYI there surface mount leds i have done one set of door switches so far what where a bit of a pain

·
Registered
453 Posts
LiamJ said:
Mine is 57 plate Accenta R, no steering wheel function lights, it's a bit of a pain as you don't know what you are pressing these dark nights lol

It's not that easy to read them with the lights
unless you have your reading glasses on

1 - 20 of 22 Posts