Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm new to this site but seeking advice. I have a 2006 Nissan Note SE 1.4 and last month I started to have an issue where when I pressed the accelerator it took a while for the power to kick in and also the car was jerking quite badly (it's a little difficult to describe on here)
I took it to a garage and the computer diagnosed 02 sensor no 1 was at fault so this was replaced.
I still had the same issue so took it back and took the mechanic for a drive and now he says there is an issue with the throttle body and is looking to replace this.
Anyone had a similar issue or know what could be the issue.
Happy to have a call with someone as this is my first car and I would really appreciate some additional help.
May also be looking to sell this car.

·
Registered
725 Posts
When i owned a Note i had more or less the same issue you have ( among many,many others ). The error code read also pointed to an O2 sensor. Like you i was also advised that it could be the throttle body. After a LOT of searching i narrowed it down to the throttle pedal potentiometer at fault. It was an easy and quick swap as the whole pedal unbolts and the wiring unplugs, then do the reverse to put it back together.
It cured my problem, i'm not saying that you have the same faulty pedal but it shows that the error codes can point you way off the real fault.
It may be worth checking the throttle pedal though, if you do replace it just remember to re-learn the pedal to the car or it won't work correctly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all
I'm new to this site but seeking advice. I have a 2006 Nissan Note SE 1.4 and last month I started to have an issue where when I pressed the accelerator it took a while for the power to kick in and also the car was jerking quite badly (it's a little difficult to describe on here)
I took it to a garage and the computer diagnosed 02 sensor no 1 was at fault so this was replaced.
I still had the same issue so took it back and took the mechanic for a drive and now he says there is an issue with the throttle body and is looking to replace this.
Anyone had a similar issue or know what could be the issue.
Happy to have a call with someone as this is my first car and I would really appreciate some additional help.
May also be looking to sell this car.
Hi have just experienced the same. this on my nissan note 2008/104.000 km. the motor is really unstable rpm going up and down. THe guys at garage changed o2 sensor *p0132 located at the front of the engine, after that the problem remained (and more errors occurred) - they did some more searching but gave up. (I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL) but I have disconnected the O2 sensor (plug is in front of motor) to test. and when unplugged it runs perfect. but with o2 sensor is re connected, it has the same unstable rpm.

My conclusion for now is the motor seems fine but some electronics is fucking up the gas/air flow. sensor or ecu related.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts