FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Nissan Note Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

If you're new here please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, we also have a new orders forum for anyone looking at ordering the New Note.

TAIL LIGHT FUSE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
SneakyElephant View Drop Down
Forum Clown

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SneakyElephant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Old Frank Old Frank wrote:

I thought car designers were supposed to have progressed since the 1930s. My 1936 Austin 8 had better access to fuses. In fact that's true of every car I've had before the Note. Is it just to make it difficult for the d.i.y. folks?

I miss shovelling in the coal...progress? HUMBUG!
Sponsored Links

paperman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paperman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 10:14pm
Thnx all,

it is a 10A fuse (red) which i have bought from Halfords, £2.99 for a pack of 2
number plate bulbs 12v, 5w pack of 2 £1.99

total cost £5, and another  £50 in the swear box Angry

not bad for a DIY job but what a pain in the ass to get to

still got to do the job as it was dark when we got home today, will grab some piccies
paperman
Peugeot 407SW 2.o diesel auto
mdvineng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvineng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:32am
£3.79 for a mixed box of 120 fuses on Amazon, Halfords bleugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! probably cheaper if you can't wait for a postal purchase to use an local corner shop car parts supplier, if you have one near you that is.
08 ACENTA R+ 1.6 AUTO. Ooopss! we'll just try that one more time an see if it works?
paperman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paperman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 1:18pm
ok, job done, light still didnt work, turned out that one of the contacts in the bulb holder was bent and not making a good enough circuit, simple bend of the contact and all is now well again,

didnt take any pics due to weather being so disgusting but if anyone else gets stuck then please get in touch and i will help as much as i can,

tried the fuse puller but becase the fuse is in the middle of all the wires i found it too difficult to get it onto the fuse, instead i prised it out with a small screwdriver until it was out far enough to grip with some long nosed pliers.

paperman
Peugeot 407SW 2.o diesel auto
flash22 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 2:11pm
there a pain in the fsm it tells you to remove the headlamp what means the the bumper has to be loosen'd

problem i had was getting the fuse back in, damn these big hands of mine
mnl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 6:29pm
Well today I fell foul of this one: whilst fiddling with the trailer lights I blew the left tail lamp fuse. Ouch

(What happened was I had the cover off the lamps, and the metal baseplate moved outwards whilst fiddling causing the contact blade to move off the pip on the bulb to the casing.)

I can honestly say that never, in my entire life, have I ever seen anything so witlessly stupid as this. In fact, I got the chap over the road to come and see it, so two trained engineers haven't seen anything as stupid in over 100 years Shocked

It must be obvious to anyone that the most likely fuses to go are the ones to the lamps, because people try and change them with the lights switched on, and cause a short.

Anyway, all (hah!) I had to do was remove the wires to the headlamp motor, disconnect the negative battery lead (bye-bye mileage logs, hello radio code) bend it right out of the way, then rotate and twist the ipdm (signs of water ingress in the bottom of the box too) until I could stand on my head to pull the fuse. Took ages to get it back in mind, as the slots are out of focus.

I took this picture blind

I would suggest fitting a fusebox in the boot and fuse the tail light feeds to the towbar. Next time I have the back of the car apart I will. Wink

When something "breaks" 99 times out of a hundred it is to do with the very last thing that you did before it "broke".
Nigel B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by mnl mnl wrote:

I would suggest fitting a fusebox in the boot and fuse the tail light feeds to the towbar. Next time I have the back of the car apart I will. Wink

Time for a (little bit of a ) gloat.

On the Mokka there are three fuse boxes.
  • In the engine compartment for engine related bits and the front lights
  • In the passenger compartment for things in the passenger compartment and the mirrors
  • In the boot for everything at the back.

Each has spare 'ways' and spare fuses.

Just a bit of forethought is all it took
Velcro - what a rip-off!
mnl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Nigel B Nigel B wrote:

Just a bit of forethought is all it took

In The Olden Days (groan!) when every single thing in the entire world (except 1) was better*, any fuses used to be in the fusebox, that you could get at apart from the inline fuse for the wireless.

Now it seems that cars have become filled with unnecessary & unreliable electronics that provide "functions" that I don't use and didn't want in the first place.

*I've thought long & hard about this, and the only thing I've come up with is that Medicine is better: we can cure more diseases now. (Healthcare isn't, but Medicine is)

Edited by mnl - 26 Aug 2015 at 9:50pm
When something "breaks" 99 times out of a hundred it is to do with the very last thing that you did before it "broke".
flash22 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 1:31pm
And the award for resurrecting a old thread goes to (drum roll)
Mr MNL

only a mere 3 years and 5 months old
mnl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 6:23pm
Thought you liked adding to old threads, rather than starting a new one, makes the forum search work better. Smile

Useful thread too, I'd never have thought to take the car apart to change a tail light fuse Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic