FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Nissan Note Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

If you're new here please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, we also have a new orders forum for anyone looking at ordering the New Note.

TAIL LIGHT FUSE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
SneakyElephant View Drop Down
Forum Clown

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SneakyElephant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Old Frank Old Frank wrote:

I thought car designers were supposed to have progressed since the 1930s. My 1936 Austin 8 had better access to fuses. In fact that's true of every car I've had before the Note. Is it just to make it difficult for the d.i.y. folks?

I miss shovelling in the coal...progress? HUMBUG!
Sponsored Links

paperman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paperman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 10:14pm
Thnx all,

it is a 10A fuse (red) which i have bought from Halfords, £2.99 for a pack of 2
number plate bulbs 12v, 5w pack of 2 £1.99

total cost £5, and another  £50 in the swear box Angry

not bad for a DIY job but what a pain in the ass to get to

still got to do the job as it was dark when we got home today, will grab some piccies
paperman
Peugeot 407SW 2.o diesel auto
mdvineng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvineng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:32am
£3.79 for a mixed box of 120 fuses on Amazon, Halfords bleugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! probably cheaper if you can't wait for a postal purchase to use an local corner shop car parts supplier, if you have one near you that is.
08 ACENTA R+ 1.6 AUTO. Ooopss! we'll just try that one more time an see if it works?
paperman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paperman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 1:18pm
ok, job done, light still didnt work, turned out that one of the contacts in the bulb holder was bent and not making a good enough circuit, simple bend of the contact and all is now well again,

didnt take any pics due to weather being so disgusting but if anyone else gets stuck then please get in touch and i will help as much as i can,

tried the fuse puller but becase the fuse is in the middle of all the wires i found it too difficult to get it onto the fuse, instead i prised it out with a small screwdriver until it was out far enough to grip with some long nosed pliers.

paperman
Peugeot 407SW 2.o diesel auto
flash22 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 2:11pm
there a pain in the fsm it tells you to remove the headlamp what means the the bumper has to be loosen'd

problem i had was getting the fuse back in, damn these big hands of mine
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic