FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Nissan Note Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

If you're new here please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, we also have a new orders forum for anyone looking at ordering the New Note.

TAIL LIGHT FUSE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
paperman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paperman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAIL LIGHT FUSE
    Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 4:37pm
Hi All,

had a number plate bulb blow around christmas so bought a new one and fitted myself,
last week the same bulb was on and off when it pleases, a simple tap on the plastic lens made the bulb light again up to today

in my wisdom Shocked i thought i would take the bulb out again with the lights on and see if i could resite the bulb, big mistake,

i have managed to blow the fuse for the number plate lights and the offside side lights,
i have looked in both fuse panels but no lights are detailed on the covers, i am now stuck

anyone any ideas on where the fuses for the lights are located?

paperman
Peugeot 407SW 2.o diesel auto
Sponsored Links

paperman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paperman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 7:34am
anyone got any ideas please, i would like to get it sorted this weekend

thanks
mdvineng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvineng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 9:27am
Hi, should be in the IPDM module in the engine bay, possibly fuses 45 and 46, this module is to the right of the engine and battery but below the headlamp connections, looking from the front. Mines in off white plastic with four clips.

reagrds
dave s
08 ACENTA R+ 1.6 AUTO. Ooopss! we'll just try that one more time an see if it works?
paperman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paperman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 11:08am
Thanks for the reply,
i have been to the dealers and they told me the same,

its an awkward bugger to get to and does not have much play even when you manage to get the 4 clips sorted,

the fuses are located underneath where all the wires go  into the multiplugs and without unplugging all the plugs (which im not going to do) it is very difficult to see the fuses,

finally managed to get to see the fuses and the one i want is right in the middle, typical....it could have been the one on the outer corner but oh no, lets make it awkward,

so managed to get to the point of changing the fuse and lo and behold, no spare fuses anywhere like you used to get in fuse boxes,,,,,,off to halfords this afternoon now for a fuse and a new bulb, then back to ripping it apart again,

when i go back to do the job i will take a few pictures to try to help others with this difficult task

Thanks
mdvineng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvineng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 11:15am
There is a special tool for pulling these out but i use forceps with a serrated grip. On the fuses though you can get a selection box of them via ebay/amazon, for the future failures.

regards
dave s
08 ACENTA R+ 1.6 AUTO. Ooopss! we'll just try that one more time an see if it works?
flash22 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 11:19am
i posted this up in the how to's under lighting

its a pita to get to the fuses had to do mine as i had a tail and side light out (there inked iirc the 10 amp) only fuse inside is for stop lamp

fyi. there mini blade fuses
mdvineng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvineng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 12:26pm
fuse puller is in the fuse panel by the steering column, sort of top right, little black thingy and the info on fuse whereabouts is in the handbook section 8 page 28.
flash22 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 12:37pm
forgot to add theres a list of fuses in the ipdm whats useful if you can stand on your head to read them
Old Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 7:46pm
I thought car designers were supposed to have progressed since the 1930s. My 1936 Austin 8 had better access to fuses. In fact that's true of every car I've had before the Note. Is it just to make it difficult for the d.i.y. folks?
Trouble-free youth is poor training for old age.
jerry3167 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry3167 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 8:40pm
Upgraded my number plate bulbs to super bright white LED lights..should last longer than standard bulbs!
Honda Civic Type-R/09-11 Nissan 350Z/ Now Nissan Note 1.6 Tekna/Black
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic