FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Nissan Note Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

If you're new here please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, we also have a new orders forum for anyone looking at ordering the New Note.

Sat Nav Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TheCatsWhiskers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCatsWhiskers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sat Nav Update
    Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 9:55am
Hi,

I’ve got a 2012 Note Ntec+. I got the message on the screen in the car that there was an updated version of the map for the satnav. I was interested in an update as the existing one keeps trying to send me the wrong way on my local dual carriageway which is annoying!
Investigated Nissan’s official one, gulped (at the price) and decided to get a half price ‘geniune’ version off eBay - said was genuine, but without any of the packing etc. Had excellent reviews.

Put the new SD card in the slot, & went for a drive .... stilll tried to take me the wrong way on the dual carriageway! :(

I looked at the ‘Map Data Information ‘ & it said: MapVersion sd2-GENH_EU_F.A v2.

I then put my old, existing card in & the Map Data information mentioned ‘v8’ (the update version I thought I bought.). Put the new card back in & it gives the ‘v2’ info above again!

Whatever card I put in I’m still being sent the wrong way.

The eBay seller I bought the card off says the map data information showing the v2 is nothing to do with the update version, but refers to the ‘worm version ‘.

Have I been ripped off & I didn’t buy an update at all, or is the update fine & the eBay seller correct in what he says? He says if I asked Nissan they’d say the same.

It seems odd too that the map data shows ‘v2’ with the new card & ‘v8’ when I put the old card back in!

Don’t really want to be ripped off for £45!
Sponsored Links

silverhairs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 10:11am
This has been covered many times before over the years.  When you purchase your Note, the sales guy don't bother to tell you the update costs.
The first thing you should do is to report the seller to ebay, if you paid by PayPal report it to them and ask for your money back.
Get yourself a Tomtom or a Garmin with life time updates, also both are a far better system that the one fitted in a Note.  You can get both makes cheaper than Nissans prices

Look under "search" one of the old members (Flash22) posted all the codes of the SD cards required. 
If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCatsWhiskers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 11:17am
So, from everything I’ve said you definitely think the card I bought isn’t working?

Is what he said about the ‘worm’ version definitely rubbish?

It doesn’t come up with an ‘unofficial card’ notice or anything?
Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:55pm
I tried one of those ebay card too, trying to save a few quid. 

Whilst the one I managed to get hold of did actually update my version slightly, it was only very slightly, far from the current version I suspect although to be honest I have no idea how good or bad the current version will actually be.

Close to where I live there's a roundabout which was originally a junction, it's been a roundabout for a good few years now however on my built in sat nav it still comes up as a junction.

I have my phone cradle in my car and use google maps, update the offline map at home over wi-fi once a month in case of data loss out on the road and it's brilliant. No lane guidance which can be tricky in certain circumstances but live traffic so long as you have a data connection.

Still a pain in the bum though to have your phone or any other sat nav equipment hooked up when one of the major attractions of the note to me originally was the built in sat nav Disapprove

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCatsWhiskers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 4:23pm
Yep, I know - it’s really annoying! High up on the reasons for changing to my car was the built-in satnav as I was fed up removing my TomTom every time I left the car - the TomTom was much more accurate though!

Well, I think I’ll try & get my eBay money back as a first off. Thing is if I ask Nissan what the map version information should read, they’ll just say you should have bought it from us!
Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by TheCatsWhiskers TheCatsWhiskers wrote:

Yep, I know - it’s really annoying! High up on the reasons for changing to my car was the built-in satnav as I was fed up removing my TomTom every time I left the car - the TomTom was much more accurate though!

Well, I think I’ll try & get my eBay money back as a first off. Thing is if I ask Nissan what the map version information should read, they’ll just say you should have bought it from us!

Don't mention the ebay saga to them then, just ask them for the map version and a quote for the card

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCatsWhiskers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 12:01pm
Yep, I emailed Nissan last night & avoided using the word ‘ebay’ & asked what the Map Data Information screen actually showed - the current installed version of the map, or some other info. We shall see (if they reply)!

Thanks for your input. :-)
Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by TheCatsWhiskers TheCatsWhiskers wrote:

Yep, I emailed Nissan last night & avoided using the word ‘ebay’ & asked what the Map Data Information screen actually showed - the current installed version of the map, or some other info. We shall see (if they reply)!

Thanks for your input. :-)

No problem, if you do get a reply, let us know what they say Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCatsWhiskers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 7:31am
I certainly will - no reply as yet though!
silverhairs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 4:31pm
Did you look under "search" for one of "Flash22" posts, he put up all the latest numbers at the time of posting in the forum.
For the sake of spending 30 seconds fitting and removing your Tomtom you purchased a Note with the connect system, Oh dear Cry.  And you admit your old Tomtom is a far better system.
If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing well
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic