FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Nissan Note Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

If you're new here please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, we also have a new orders forum for anyone looking at ordering the New Note.

Hi Everybody

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Everybody
    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:49pm
Hello there,
I'm Leo, italian owner of a 2009 Note 1.4 88hp petrol with 75000 km.
I just found out about this forum and it's straight up gold 👌👌

I'm looking forward to install some simple mods on the car like some interior neon/led lights, maybe something like a dtuk powerbox+ and I was also considering car wrapping. I'm already sure I'm gonna find plenty of useful information on the website anyway hi guys 😉
Sponsored Links

silverhairs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 11:34am
Hi Leo,
               Can you please tell the forum why you purchased a 2009 1.4 88hp Note then go to the great expense and fit a DTUK powerbox+ also plastic wrap it, why not spend all that money and get yourself a more powerful motor in the first place, something with brakes designed to safely stop the car with the extra HP?
You start off with "simple mods" eg. LED or neon interior lights, then go on to a spending binge with upping the BHP and a plastic wrap.
If you are in Italy, get yourself an Italian motor like an Alfa Romeo or a Fiat 124 Spider, not an 88 BHP Note. I have a couple of questions for you

1.  How much is your 2009 Note worth today, what will it be worth with all the mods done?
2.  How much is it going to cost to purchase a DTUK Powerbox+ and get it correctly fitted?
3.  How much is it going to cost to have your note plastic wrapped?
4.  Do you think this forum is that stupid to believe you?  (There might be one or two members who believe you but I don't) stick to Italian car manufacturers forums.

Post a picture in the forum showing what your car looks like today, then when you get the powerbox fitted, (under bonnet) take a photo, then when you get it plastic wrapped.  Showing the car in the same location and proof it's the same motor, not a substitute Thumbs Up.
If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing well
Berna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:20pm
Hey there,
First of all, I didn't buy the car by myself, it's just that it used to be my mom's and then she gave it to me when she changed it for another one so that explains why I happen to own this car in particular and not any other Italian ride.
This being said, I gotta add the fact that I'm a student and I currently don't have a job so I can't afford to go 100% tuning mode on the Note.
Like I said, I have a couple mods in mind that I'd like to operate and that's why I'm on this forum. I never said I'm totally gonna get a powerbox+ and casually wrap the car, what I said is that I'd like to add some power to it and I was considering the powerbox+ cos they say it's safer and cheaper than a proper ecu remap (if u don't agree I wanna listen your opinion, I'm here to learn, not to teach). If u have any suggestions about tuning/modding the Note I'm all ears 😉
ferg84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ferg84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:38pm
Silverhairs, it's his car, he can do what he wants with it.

I was overtaken once by someone in a 1.5dci when I was in my 1.5dci.  Turned out he was going to the same place as me and he had his car remapped to 110bhp.

Some form of remap would be alright.  The brakes will be OK for a mild remap, beyond which you would have to change a lot more than the ECU mapping anyway (lower stiffer suspension/sports exhaust/improved brakes etc) but even then if you went that far I would pick a better starting point.
Former Nissan Note owner
Kia Optima Sportswagon 2017
Morris Minor Traveller 1098cc 1968
Volkswagen Beetle 1969 1200
Volkswagen Beetle 1971 1200
Triumph Spitfire 1500 - 1979 -
Berna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 6:06am
Thanks ferg84 😉
Can I ask you why you suggest a complete remap instead of installing the powerbox? I know they're different but I assumed the powerbox is supposed to be (kinda) safer and to slightly increase acceleration meanwhile an ecu remap should help you obtain an overall higher power, is that right?
silverhairs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:00pm
Seems to me Berna, please don't take me wrong, but your a student, with champagne ideas with brown ale money, it's nice to dream though.  Now I fancy a Lamborghini Huracan, the thing is the Mrs and I might struggle to get in it, but would need a lifting device to get us out, as you get older, your joints loose their flexibility, but I can dream.  Oh, and there's one other point, the bloody cost of the car, let alone the cost of the insurance LOL .
Take "ferg84" idea of having it remapped, don't start fitting DTUK powerbox+ hoping it will give you "rubber on the road acceleration",  as it stands, it's 88 BHP Nissan Note and with a remap, when you open the bonnet to show your mates the engine, they won't see your DTUK strapped to the side of it
If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing well
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic