FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Nissan Note Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

If you're new here please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, we also have a new orders forum for anyone looking at ordering the New Note.

Central locking fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
greebo10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greebo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central locking fault
    Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 6:41pm
Angry  has any one had a problem with the central locking mechanism in their Note
on an 07 plate? It is intermittent, we are having trouble either locking or unlocking it .
It appears to be a problem on our drive as it hasn't happened yet anywhere else.
I bought it a month ago I have tried to resolve it with the main dealer but they are at a loss

Edited by flash22 - 13 Oct 2012 at 12:46pm
Sponsored Links

BOBBYBINGO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOBBYBINGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 6:49pm
I've not a clue, mines been fine for the past 20 months of ownership, is the battery ok in the blipper? Might seem a daft Q but starting with the basics....
BOBBYBINGO
BOBBYBINGO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOBBYBINGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 6:51pm
Forgot to say is the problem evident with both keys?
BOBBYBINGO
greebo10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greebo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 7:43pm
Confusednissan have had the car back twice  and have fitted new betteries  to both keys i dont think thay have a clue
SneakyElephant View Drop Down
Forum Clown

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SneakyElephant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 7:45pm
I had a Mazda van a few years ago that refused to start in certain locations unless I entered the immobiliser code first...something to do with atmospheric dead spots according to my friend the physics professor. It was always in the same places, most notably in a particularly industrial part of Hayes which I visit regularly. Funny though, none of my other cars ever do it.
Nigel B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 11:05pm
Haven't got a mobile phone transmitter nearby have you, particularly one that has been upgraded?

They are notorious, I speak from industry experience,  for interfering with remote key signals on some makes.

If you have there is nothing that you can do sadly as the operators refuse to accept that thre is a problem
Velcro - what a rip-off!
greebo10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greebo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 12:11pm
that could be it,
but it happens now and again not all the time

flash22 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 12:45pm
does it happen if the car is parked up or down the drive
Nigel B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by greebo10 greebo10 wrote:

that could be it,
but it happens now and again not all the time

Although there is a pemanent 'carrier' from a base station it 'ramps up' if there are multiple users on it at any time. The signal strength is not at all high bt enough to cause interference.

Just wait until we go 4G where all freeview boxes within a 100m radius will need filter or they will go off the air.!
Velcro - what a rip-off!
mnl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 12:16am
Next time it doesn't work, mark where the tyres are somehow, and move it a foot either way. You may find that you can get it into a deadspot where there is no interference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic